ECM Giotto Premium - Pressure heading off the scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Giotto Premium - Pressure heading off the scale

After my 2nd cup of coffee this morning, I could hear steam escaping under the hood, and the pressure gauge started heading off the scale. Before I take it into to be looked at, I thought I might just ask for any ideas of things I could look at 1st in case its something I can replace myself easily, such as the thermostat etc. (I replaced the vacuum breaker valve a few months ago so its not that just mis-behaving). If it's the processor, I think it still has the old wiring loom, so would probably take it in to the experts to be done properly. I'm not a total numpty, so can do certain repairs, but do not have the correct tools or gauges or experience to get too complicated.

??

GrahamK

My guess would be the thermostat/pressurestat. Unless the boiler is filling continuously (and it doesn't appear that way) heat input is the only cause of overpressure I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJack View Post
      My guess would be the thermostat/pressurestat.
      Thanks for the suggestion MJ, Sound plausible - might see if I can look into those myself.

Eventually decided to take it in & get it serviced at the same time. From my explanation they also think pressurestat, and they had spares, so hopefully not a major cost. Got a B&B person arriving from Canada tomorrow who said they were looking forward to trying my coffee, so not good timing to try and do it myself when time is tight.

GrahamK
      Last edited by GrahamK; 13 October 2014, 12:43 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...
      X