Advice on upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on upgrade

New to the site as a member and looking for advice on an upgrade. Currently got a breville dual boiler and it is due to retire. Looking at a Bezzera Domus. Are they a good machine? Do they need special servicing? Solely for domestic work of about 6 cups a day. Have my own grinder and enjoy getting shots right. Just want to make sure this machine is good before parting with nearly $3000. Advice both good and bad stories would be helpful. Had some issues with the dual boiler and will not get another 'domestic' machine agin.

G'Day, RMK, welcome to Coffee Snobs.

Is the Bezzera Domus Galatea a good machine? have a read through this thread http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...ree-years.html

I'm as happy with my Galatea as I was on the day I took delivery of it 5 years ago.

Plenty of steam, once you have the grind and dosing sorted out it simply makes great coffee shot after shot, have replaced one group seal since I've had it, other than regular back flushing and a descale every few months, nothing has needed doing.

The Bezzers Mitica is the same machine in a plainer box, so should be equally as good.

I'm sure there are other machines available that are just as good, others will mention them.

Comment

I am very happy with the Domus Galatea II. It's very easy to get great shots. I bought a silicone group seal from beanbay and even when locking the handle in lightly the seal is perfect. It is very easy to texture milk well (and significantly faster than the BDB). It looks great and the build quality is also very good.

The group is very easy and quick to clean thoroughly (shower screen and seal pops out without tools).

I miss a low water warning (it will give negligible/no warning when water runs low in the tank which has created a few binned shots) and it seems a bit noisy , even for a vibe pumped machine. It also needs a cooling flush if left idle for an extended period.

A rotary pump version would be fantastic but they need to be plumbed.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Looks like the Bezzera will be my next machine. I know they are a 20 minute warm up but can you just turn it on and walk away or do you have to purge it on warm up? My early morning rises mean I will have to setup a timer switch so it's ready when I want to leave the house on time.

Comment

Morning RMK, turn it on and walk away, no purge needed, just don't expect to leave it on 24/7 they are not designed for that.

Comment

Thanks. I enjoy my morning long black on the way to work and one when I get home. So it will only be on for a little bit each morning and afternoon. The shots from this machine look Devine. Really looking forward to it before Xmas I hope. Di Barttolli have been really helpful with my questions also and good price. Nice work sponsors.

Comment

Good luck with the purchase, if I can assist during set up give a whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rmkeag View Post
                Looks like the Bezzera will be my next machine.
                and another joins the Bezzera/Galatea club. Good choice. Beauty to look at and to use

Comment

Purchased the machine

New to the site as a member and looking for advice on an upgrade. Currently got a breville dual boiler and it is due to retire. Looking at a Bezzera Domus. Are they a good machine? Do they need special servicing? Solely for domestic work of about 6 cups a day. Have my own grinder and enjoy getting shots right. Just want to make sure this machine is good before parting with nearly $3000. Advice both good and bad stories would be helpful. Had some issues with the dual boiler and will not get another 'domestic' machine agin.
                  Well I picked up my Domus. Great machine a small learning curve but constant good shots. Love it.

Comment

Well I picked up my Domus. Great machine a small learning curve but constant good shots. Love it.
                    never doubted it good to hear it's in your hands now.

Comment

Working...
                    X