Spoiled for choice's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiled for choice's

I have to choose between VBM Domabar Super lever, Izzo Alex Duetto111 and the Profitec Pro 700.

All of these machines look nice imo.

I went to look at the VBM and it failed, the valves would not work and the power keep tripping out, ( so down to 2 ).
    The Alex Duetto is a fine machine, it looks great but the group head is too low.

Last of all i was recomended the Profitec pro 500, standing next to it was the Big Brother the 700 ( it was love at first sight ).

I have spoken to one owner of this georges machine and he is very happy, my question is there any more of you out there, owners of this machine and are you as happy???
    Regards
    43bean

Welcome 43bean,

Hope you're not planning on putting Nescafe through the new kit!

FWIW, I wouldn't exclude the VBM based on a failed demo as I can assure you that this could happen with any machine! Whilst manufacturers do everything they can to get it right, occasionally mistakes occur or components may be flawed or faulty just as they can be in a new car. This is where your supplier comes in. We (and I'd assume most, if not all of the CS sponsors) test every machine we sell before it goes out the front door. If heartbreak is to occur, our preference is that it happen on our bench.

Profitec, VBM, Rocket, Izzo- all great machines. You're safe to choose the one you like. Foster a good relationship with your reseller and I'm certain you will be well looked after should any minor fault occur.

Lastly, with the Duetto, do keep in mind that you can get extra height with a naked portafilter. Also, it's simple to modify the drip tray insert to gain a further 10mm and we do this on request for any we sell. At that point, any mug will fit comfortably. The bonus is that you still retain a big drip tray.

Happy shopping! It's a lovely dilemma to have to choose between a number of terrific machines!

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 43bean View Post
      I have to choose between VBM Domabar Super lever, Izzo Alex Duetto111 and the Profitec Pro 700.

All of these machines look nice imo.

I went to look at the VBM and it failed, the valves would not work and the power keep tripping out, ( so down to 2 ).
      The Alex Duetto is a fine machine, it looks great but the group head is too low.

Last of all i was recomended the Profitec pro 500, standing next to it was the Big Brother the 700 ( it was love at first sight ).

I have spoken to one owner of this georges machine and he is very happy, my question is there any more of you out there, owners of this machine and are you as happy???
      Regards
      43bean
      You'll find one or two over here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...pro-700-a.html

charlie

Comment

Thanks Chris and Charlie, for your advise over the last week it has been very helpful.

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on 43bean, well done Chris.

Regards
        43bean

Comment

Working...
        X