Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBM Domobar Jnr v Bezzera BZ10 v Expobar EB 61 Leva

Hi All,

Looking for some insightful opinion on the above machines, my price point is approx $2k +/- looking for a HX machine for milk texturing and shot pulling a the same time and also bench space is critical. I really like the VBM but the EB 61 looks interesting then i saw the BZ10 and I'm now confused.

Rob

Hi Rob. I'm totally subjective as I own the VBM Jnr. It's a compact unit with plenty of horse power to boot. Extracting and texturing milk at the same time is no issue.

Space was a factor for me too. Here is a pic of my workstation. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427862057.015409.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	738703

And a pic of a double ristretto I pulled earlier today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427862081.475013.jpg
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	738704

Comment

Very nice set up and it does look good which is why its currently sitting #1 in my preferences. I'm also looking at two second hand machines Bezzera Domus Galatea and a Giotto PP V2 around the same price point but would prefer a new machine.

After looking at that coffee i think i better make one.

Comment

How wide is your work area kopigeek? I've got the Macap M2m and also looking for a small machine to replace my bre-vile dual boiler

Comment

Originally posted by astormsau View Post
          How wide is your work area kopigeek? I've got the Macap M2m and also looking for a small machine to replace my bre-vile dual boiler
          It's actually pretty wide (I'm guessing around 1200) but the space constraint was given by the Minister of Space Planning (the wife).

Comment

Hi Rob,

You could put the Lelit Mara on your shortlist too - it's the worlds most compact HX with E61 group head. 22cm wide! On the lever E61 machines (Mara, VBM Junior, EB 61) you get preinfusion which is nice to have. And a well set up HX E61 is very easy to live with - no cooling flushes for example.

charlie

Comment

Thanks Charlie...I'm trying to narrow down the list not add to it!!! The Lelit is starting to get on the high side of my budget I'm looking at max of $2200 but as close to or under $2k would be better.

Comment

I have also just bought the VBM junior HSX will be delivered Tuesday So I will be selling my Breville BES 900 which still works very well and I finally bought the Vario grinder.

Comment

Curious about your thoughts water_dragon. I've got a 5 month old BES920 which has just gone in to have a new solenoid fitted. I am contemplating a move to the VBM Domobar Junior to reclaim some bench space so keen to know what you think!

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by astormsau View Post
                    Curious about your thoughts water_dragon. I've got a 5 month old BES920 which has just gone in to have a new solenoid fitted. I am contemplating a move to the VBM Domobar Junior to reclaim some bench space so keen to know what you think!

Drew
                    I haven't used a sunbeam (previous was a rancilio silvia and before that it was Turkish coffee) but I can tell you the VBM Jnr will produce one hell of an espresso. Of course subject skill of the operator. The pic below is of a shot I pulled from a maling room blend and I can tell you it was awesome, rich and thick. It took me a little while until I got the hang of the machine (and grinder) but that's with anything new. I still like to take my time in creating my drink as I believe that is just as much fun as drinking the result.

Oh and real estate wise it's not wide at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428151591.556500.jpg
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	738728

Comment

I will let you know. My main reasons for changing is I live in a remote area and freighting anything to get fixed is a hassle. When I can easily repair if the parts are available far into the future and the other reason is bench space. The Breville went back at the end of its warranty, it had a faulty solenoid and failed to start. Breville took it back at their expense and sent it back ...it never worked so well . But for me now if it fails in the future it will cost me too much to send it and I do not think spares will be available in 5 years. so for me the upgrade will last me and fit in the bench space better.

Comment

Hi Rob,

April special: Vibiemme Domobar Junior & Compak K3 Push/Macap M2M | Talk Coffee may be of interest.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

vbm is nice... Although the pressure plate did have some rust on it only after a year... Still going strong tho

Comment

Hi Chris is there a killer deal on the machine itself?

Comment

Hi Chris,

I did see that on your website and I'm trying to get to a decision which is proving to be very difficult. A large outlay that I'm trying to justify.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X