Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• javatime
    replied
    Thanks for that. I did a check and all the seals are great including that red thing. The only seal near failure was no.11. The red seal only cops a beating when I let other people steam milk which is not often.

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    Originally posted by javatime View Post
    Does anyone know where this component should be during disassembling of the steam valves?
    See attached diagram. Note that valve grommets are not warranty items, they are wear items and if you're rough with them, their lifespan is dramatically reduced. Close just enough to create a seal and you will experience significantly better life from them.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	VBM valve and wands.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	738741

Leave a comment:

• javatime
    started a topic VBM Jnr Red Rubber Cushion Thing

VBM Jnr Red Rubber Cushion Thing

My VBM Jnr is just over 1 year old and so I figured its time to inspect the steam and water valves cause my when my boiler heats up the steam valve leaks a bit. I brought the gasket kit for my steam and water valves which includes O-rings, and this red rubber cushion thing. I replaced a near failed O-ring which had a tear around the circumference on the steam valves. After this got replaced... no leaks and works better than before cause of all the food grade silicon I placed on the ball joint. Now it glides.

When I pulled apart the steam valve I couldn't find where this red rubber thing is. Does anyone know where this component should be during disassembling of the steam valves?
Working...
X