Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBM Jnr going into storage

Hi all,

We are moving house in a couple weeks and for the next 12 months have to put my VBM Jnr and Mini Mazzer into storage. Is there anything I need to do before I do so? Obviously clean it down and empty out water out. If I empty out reservoir then turn on pumps will that empty out boilers?

Thanks all!!

Originally posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    If I empty out reservoir then turn on pumps will that empty out boilers?
    Nope- the machine will cut out as it will register no water.

I'd run a full water/chemical/water backflush routine and probably drop the shower and clean the dispersion block as well.

Switch on and allow it to come to pressure and then switch off. Open the hot water valve and allow the boiler pressure to drain the boiler.

Regardless of this, you may need to clear the gicleur on your return if you get no flow from the group.

Hope the move goes smoothly.

Chris

Comment

sell it and upgrade when you get back! good resale value and you're likely to have problems w storage

Originally posted by mmmcoffee View Post
      Hi all,

We are moving house in a couple weeks and for the next 12 months have to put my VBM Jnr and Mini Mazzer into storage. Is there anything I need to do before I do so? Obviously clean it down and empty out water out. If I empty out reservoir then turn on pumps will that empty out boilers?

Thanks all!!

Comment

Originally posted by nick_g View Post
        .... and you're likely to have problems w storage
        Sorry nick_g- I disagree with your advice.

The OP is not likely to have problems other than a blocked gicleur at worst. 2 minute fix.

It's a good machine and the cost of a sell and replace is likely to be $1000.

Comment

Hi.

yeah, there are no problems with storage so i wouldnt sell if that were to be only the reason for doing so...

Comment

Working...
          X