Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bezzera Domus Galatea, six years on.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bezzera Domus Galatea, six years on.

    It's that time of year again, now six years since I bought the Bezzera Domus Galatea in Oct 2009.

    2015 has been another trouble free year, still following the daily fresh water backflush, weekly backflush with Cafetto EVO and three monthly descale with Cafetto Restore, however this year decided it was time, so replaced the E61 pins/valves etc, easy job, straight back into operation without a hiccup.

    Despite the early doom and gloom predictions of the descaler eating out the copper pipes blah blah blah, the machine still continues to run like new.

    The daily cost of the machine based on a purchase price of $2850 is now down to $1.30, am I happy? you bet.

    Upgraditis? nope.
    Last edited by Yelta; 25 October 2015, 11:01 AM.

  • #2
    Good to hear from you again Yelta.

    Comment


    • #3
      G'Day Barry, thanks, have not posted here since the rubbish that happened in March this year, the only thing that prompted this post was continuity, also I thought it may be of interest.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Yelta View Post
        G'Day Barry, thanks, have not posted here since the rubbish that happened in March this year, the only thing that prompted this post was continuity, also I thought it may be of interest.
        Perhaps the posting drought will end then 'Old J.W'?

        Sniff

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey Jon

          Nice to see you here again!

          Welcome back?

          Cheers,

          Bruce

          Comment


          • #6
            Welcome back Jon.

            Hope you'll hang around...

            Chris

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Yelta View Post
              G'Day Barry, thanks, have not posted here since the rubbish that happened in March this year, the only thing that prompted this post was continuity, also I thought it may be of interest.
              Originally posted by SniffCoffee View Post
              Perhaps the posting drought will end then 'Old J.W'?

              Sniff
              A question perhaps a little impertinent so feel free to ignore.
              What rubbish happened in March?

              Comment


              • #8
                G'Day WR10, I don't ignore people.

                Re the thing back in March, not worth rehashing, would only stir the pot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  A fine machine - I had one on my bench earlier this year. Everyone commented on its curves and it made great drinks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
                    A fine machine - I had one on my bench earlier this year. Everyone commented on its curves and it made great drinks.
                    The styling is pretty much a love/hate thing, some like it others reckon it's over the top, for them there's always the option of the Mitica.

                    Mitica

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X