Looking for a good Coffee Machine for the office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good Coffee Machine for the office

I am looking for a good quality coffee machine for our office and i need some advice on what machine to get.

In our office we make roughly 30-50 coffee's per day, most in the morning when we do a big round of coffee for all our staff and then the machine gets used periodically during the day. We currently have a VERY old Bazzerra that is completely F'd... I won't even explain how bad it is... So we need a new machine.

Things we are looking for in a machine:
    - Single group (unless we can find a double group machine in price range)
    - Double Boiler, both large enough to make 20-30 coffees back to back in the morning
    - Temperature control
    - pressure gauges for brew and steam, plus pressure adjustment
    - automatic shot timing
    - good build quality, reliability and serviceability
    - Sexy looks

We would like to spend no more than $4000, but hopefully under $3000 if we can get a good deal.

What machine do you snobs recommend, and does anybody have feedback and reviews on a machine like this.

Thanks guys

Why do you want a double boiler?

Apart from that, everything lines up...... except your budget!

Your specs are shouting out "GS3" in AV (volumetric) configuration.

La Marzocco GS3 | Talk Coffee

Comment

Hello Melb,

You don't need multi boiler for an office...

Suggest Iberital IB7 | Talk Coffee

Comment

I figured a double boiler would have better steam performance making back to back coffee's each morning. But if you guys think it will perform perfectly on a large single boiler I'm happy to look for that.

I love the GS3, it would be my dream office setup, but it's too expensive.

The Iberital IB7 looks pretty good, i will do a little research on it. Ive never seen or heard of that machine before so I'm intrigued.

Comment

A large boiler HX machine will be fine in an office. You can only make 2 coffees at a time. The machine will have long recovered by the time you're back for the next 2.

Comment

Hi,

The Ibertal looks like a good option however with 30 coffees first up every morning I think a single group would struggle and if not, better to have the larger machine just in case. Have a look at the 2 group Ibertal IB7 compact 2 group which you can get for less than the single group machine on offer at some suppliers ($3300 - I will PM you the details) - No affiliation with any store or provider, just helping a fellow snob. It has nearly double the boiler power and capacity.
            Cheers Yabba

Comment

I've been talking to the higher ups and we may have a bigger budget of $5-6000 which changes things a little. For that I think we should definitely get a double group machine with big boiler capacity.

Still just under the price of a good la marzocco or a synesso... What is out there for a machine in this price range???

Comment

You've got 3 days to get a GS3 for $6k, before 1 April.

Comment

GS3 for 6K? Please let me know where from and I'll purchase a 2nd

Comment

But GS3 is single group.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathon View Post
                      You've got 3 days to get a GS3 for $6k, before 1 April.
                      Originally posted by evro50 View Post
                      GS3 for 6K? Please let me know where from and I'll purchase a 2nd
                      Agreed. I'll take 5 at $6k.

Dreamin' unless it's stolen or a roaster is giving one away at a loss to secure an account. Wholesale is way more than that.

Let's not get into the business of giving people unrealistic expectations.

Comment

Is this GS3 thing real???

Comment

My mistake, I checked again and the price I was quoted excluded gst.

I thought it included gst and as you're buying for a business, had it included gst then it would have been less than $6k net.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathon View Post
                            My mistake, I checked again and the price I was quoted excluded gst.

I thought it included gst and as you're buying for a business, had it included gst then it would have been less than $6k net.
                            So you're saying you were quoted $6000 + GST = $6600
                            That is still very cheap for a GS3. Who is quoting this price?

Comment

What do you snobs think of this machine:

Rocket Espresso Boxer | Talk Coffee

Looks like a great machine, ticks a lot of boxes. Although missing temp control and with only a single boiler, it looks big enough to handle our office each day. might be a little too expensive, but I'll hopefully be able to squeeze a little extra cash out of the fat cats upstairs

I've heard very good things about Rocket Espresso machines so i assume the quality of this machine will be the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X