Joystiick knobs for Rockey Giotto v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystiick knobs for Rockey Giotto v3

Can you fit joystick knobs to replace the steam and hot water handles like on the Bezzeras?
    If so where from and how much? I saw them on a few youtube videos and I really like the idea of instant on and instant off.

I suggest you get in touch with Rick the coffee machinist (site sponsor). He did this mod to my Alex Leva and did a great job.

Comment

You'd have to replace the whole steam valve. An easy job but not exactly a cheap one- buying new chromed valves run at about $300 each (this price was for an Elektra as I couldn't see the Bezzera ones of the CP website but i would guess they are similar).
      You'd just have to disconnect the existing steam tap and take it along to the parts supplier and make sure the thread at the back of the valve is similar and they are around the same depth. You would most likely be able to use the existing wand and tip.

Comment

Originally posted by barri View Post
        Can you fit joystick knobs to replace the steam and hot water handles like on the Bezzeras?
        If so where from and how much? I saw them on a few youtube videos and I really like the idea of instant on and instant off.
        Why would you want to Barri? I know toggle controls are flavour of the month right now, however rotary valves allow much greater control.

FWIW I wouldn't buy a machine with toggle/joystick steam and water valves, I'm sure others will disagree.

Comment

I've ordered this assembly: Joystick Assemblies from US for my machine, not sure if it fits yours. I'm very happy with the outcome. It gives me better steam than the original wand (due to a thicker tube I assume) and "no burn".

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
            I'm sure others will disagree.
            As I do!

Personal choice. I really like the instant on and off

Comment

Working...
            X