e-61 issue need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-61 issue need advice

Hi all I own a Rocket Giotto V2 approx 3 YO and noticed an issue for the first time the other day. After brewing a coffee I returned the lever to the off position only to find the brew cycle continued. Startled by this I quickly raised the lever and lowered it again and this time the cycle stopped. This has now happened randomly 3 times in the last week. Twice when brewing a coffee and once when back flushing. After the first episode I gave machine a chemical backflush but problem is still there.(I use chemicals approx each month) I have always used filtered water and backflush after each use. Leaver is not stiff or squeaking. Any advice appreciated.

Sounds like first port of call would be the micro-switch. Raising the lever does mechanical things inside the group, but the cam on the back also depresses the microswitch that pokes out of the body. This is what will start/stop the pump. Perhaps there is a loose wire in there, or the switch itself is coming loose? If this is fine, it will most likely be further back towards the control board - but that is moving towards techie land

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
      Sounds like first port of call would be the micro-switch. Raising the lever does mechanical things inside the group, but the cam on the back also depresses the microswitch that pokes out of the body. This is what will start/stop the pump. Perhaps there is a loose wire in there, or the switch itself is coming loose? If this is fine, it will most likely be further back towards the control board - but that is moving towards techie land
      Thanks for the advice will check out that microswitch first. Will make sure its popping back out when it should first then check the possible loose wire scenario and beyond Will also see if it is only occurring when there is back pressure through the system. The problem has not occurred for the past 2 days so hope that gremlin will not resurface and just keep making coffees the way it should!
      Any further thoughts would be appreciated will post any outcomes.
      Thanks Cicarda

Comment

Working...
      X