Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of flow thru group

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lack of flow thru group

    I'm having problems with my beloved coffee machine. It was working fine yesterday but today decided not to push water through the group. The pump seems to be working ok and it builds up pressure on the gauge but the water flow bypasses back into the tank.
    ive attached a photo that shows a leak between the piece of brass that is attached to the pump and a plastic bit.
    Obviously this is probably causing the problem. Is this a common part and can it be replaced simply, or should I go out and buy myself a new lever machine?
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Can you let us know the make of the machine?

    Looks to me as though the plastic may have developed a crack.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Yelta View Post
      Can you let us know the make of the machine?

      Looks to me as though the plastic may have developed a crack.
      Its a DB Quick Mill 67, bought through one of the site sponsors.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why not give the people you bought it from a call, looks like a nice machine, I imagine the part would be easy enough to buy and replace.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Yelta View Post
          Why not give the people you bought it from a call, looks like a nice machine, I imagine the part would be easy enough to buy and replace.
          Thanks Yelta, have contacted the Australian distributor, thought it would be quicker through them than the people I bought it from.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by b430m View Post
            Thanks Yelta, have contacted the Australian distributor, thought it would be quicker through them than the people I bought it from.
            Sounds like the way to go.

            Comment


            • #7
              This is a easy repair/adjustment. Even if you need a new bypass installed it's an inexpensive part.

              Comment


              • #8
                Quick Mill pump pressure regulator/bypass. Probably about $35.00 or so.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is it an OPV? can't believe it's made of plastic.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
                    Quick Mill pump pressure regulator/bypass. Probably about $35.00 or so.
                    Thanks for that, where can I buy one?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Enquire here with one of the CS sponsors.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
                        Enquire here with one of the CS sponsors.
                        Thanks, have done.
                        Michael

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by symphonie View Post
                          Is it an OPV? can't believe it's made of plastic.
                          Yes: and you have to be careful when you screw the fine threaded end into the pump outlet. I use a few drops of Loxseal 58:11 to prevent leaking.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            An update on my problem.
                            i have fixed the leak, the plastic part wasn't crack it just needed a cleanup and some fresh thread seal. However I still have a problem with lack of pressure. When I use the solid flushing screen in the group it will build up pressure but not to the extent that it use to to make the squealing sound, I've also noticed that there is a lot of water being bypassed back into the tank. The tube that leads back to the tank is attached to the brass fitting between the pump and the plastic part which was leaking. I've looked at the parts list for the machine but it doesn't tell me what that part is it only give a part number.
                            Would somebody like to tell me what this part does and if it would be the cause of the problem.
                            The photo of the part appears in the original post.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Do you have a new OPV as yet?
                              As "sprezzatura" pointed out above, this can be replaced easily and is likely the main issue...

                              Mal.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X