Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Brew Pressure Release Valve

Hi,
    I have a Domus Galatea (not plumbed in) and the Brew Pressure Release valve is constantly dripping when brewing, quite a lot at times.
    After about 10 brews my drip tray is full of water so not ideal. I expect this also means that the pressure I'm getting into my brew is lower than it would otherwise be as im losing probably 20% of the flow to this valve.
    I regularly backflush (daily usually) and clean once a week/fortnight. I figure something is inside this part of the machine causing the leak.
    Is this is the sort of thing I can clean myself ? Anyone know of a good "how to" guide ?
    Thanks,
    Steve

You mean leaking out of the exhaust port in the E61 group? There are seals in there that go hard with time and stop sealing. Sounds like a group service is due. You could DIY if you are that way inclined or get it services at one of the sponsors.

Cheers

Comment

Yes I guess so, I trawled the internet to find out what it's called and that's what I found. Its the valve that lets the water/pressure out when you've finished pulling a shot so that you can remove the basket without being sprayed with hot water and coffee entrails. The problem actually started with the "exhaust" actually NOT exhausting and so when I removed the basket water/coffee went everywhere. That happened on and off for a couple of weeks, tried to clean it/backflush it repeatedly and that seemed to help, and now I just have the leak.

I will service if need be, but was hoping it might be a disassemble - remove stray coffee causing leak and then re-assemble job.

Comment

It sounds like a service job. You should be able to get all the seals & bits from sponsor Coffee Parts, and they are not that expensive. But it is a reasonable sized job, and finding all the right part numbers can be a little tricky.
        But if you are DIY minded, you can strip it down for a look (and even reverse some washers as a temporary fix if you're feeling dodgy!). I've done it a couple of times on my Diadema while ordering new ones when I've see which need replacing…
        Cheers Matt

Comment

Leaking Brew Pressure Release Valve

As above, many excellent guides online you can follow if you go the DIY route.

Cheers
          Last edited by artman; 23 July 2016, 02:40 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Got to be careful though, as there are several manufacturers of E-61 Groups and they are not all the same internally. Consequently, it's not a case of one set of parts fits all. A chat to Pablo at Coffee Parts first before ordering would be a good idea...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
            X