Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Vac Value noise.

Hi.

I've noticed that occasionally the Anti Vac valve on one of my HX machines makes a repeated clicking noise while it's warming up, sounds like its turning on and off rapidly. If I turn the lever to flush some water down the brew group and It'd go away shortly. and there's another issue with the machine I've noticed for a while is that sometimes when i turn the lever to brew coffee there's no water flowing out of the brew head until like 20-25 secs later. Not sure if they are related.

Is it likely the seal inside the Anti vac value is not working properly (worn out etc) or could it be caused by thermosyphon stalling?

Thanks.

Symphonie, the antivac valve sits on the top of the boiler, some times rattles as the machine is warming up, but should seal very quickly. You check if is leaking or not by taking the cover off or your machine and by using a glass or a mirror you will see fog in this. This have nothing to do with your brewing section.

If there is not water coming straight away from your group head check your restecter ( this could be start developing a blockage) or top valve (the seal or the valve has tare and ware)

If you need PDF of your machine happy to share a copy if I have so you can see how it works

Regards

Renzo

Comment

Thanks Renzo. That's really helpful.

Can you be a bit more specific as in where the restecter ( flow restrictor? ) and top valve ( Is it the valve/seal in the top chamber inside the e61) are located?

Originally posted by Di_Bartoli View Post
      Symphonie, the antivac valve sits on the top of the boiler, some times rattles as the machine is warming up, but should seal very quickly. You check if is leaking or not by taking the cover off or your machine and by using a glass or a mirror you will see fog in this. This have nothing to do with your brewing section.

If there is not water coming straight away from your group head check your restecter ( this could be start developing a blockage) or top valve (the seal or the valve has tare and ware)

If you need PDF of your machine happy to share a copy if I have so you can see how it works

Regards

Renzo

Comment

I mean this one:
        Check
        page 5 part 4
        or check the seal from
        page 5 part 9

http://espressocompany.com.au/spare-...V2-SP-2014.pdf

give a call if you need help

Regards

Comment