Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended pre-heating time for rocket Giotto V3 PID

hello everyone.
    What is the recommended pre-heating time for brand new Rocket Giotto V3 Premium Plus PID machine?
    Thank you.

Errr...same as for a used Rocket Giotto V3 Premium Plus PID??

OK, sensible answer:
    most HXs should be pre-heated for at least 30 minutes. The boiler usually comes up to pressure within 20 mins but it takes longer for the grouphead to heat up. You can hasten that by running some hot water through the group head if you're in a hurry. I pre-heat for at least 45 mins on my old GPP v1.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
      Errr...same as for a used Rocket Giotto V3 Premium Plus PID??

OK, sensible answer:
      most HXs should be pre-heated for at least 30 minutes. The boiler usually comes up to pressure within 20 mins but it takes longer for the grouphead to heat up. You can hasten that by running some hot water through the group head if you're in a hurry. I pre-heat for at least 45 mins on my old GPP v1.
      thanks!

Yes there was a reason for my "brand new" remark in my original question - just in case the pre-heating regime changed over the years on this particular Rocket HX machine because the previous versions did not have a PID, for example. There may be other changes that require more or less time to pre-heat the machine for the first morning coffee.

Comment

Usually at least 30 minutes from cold. I leave mine until the handle is hot and the metal on the handle too hot to touch
        Last edited by trentski; 3 August 2016, 12:52 PM. Reason: Autocorrect uncorrected

Comment

Originally posted by acid_rider View Post
          just in case the pre-heating regime changed over the years on this particular Rocket HX machine because the previous versions did not have a PID
          Nope. Machines with heavier group heads and larger boilers might take longer.

Congrats on the new addition to your family

Comment

thank you everyone! 8^)

Comment

Working...
            X