Expobar Minore Steam Wand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expobar Minore Steam Wand

I've just noticed the the gasket on my steam wand is appearing to come off. Why has this happened and is it something that I should be replacing?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Yes you should replace it. It gives the ball joint something smooth and non abrasive to slide on.

Cheers

Comment

Yes, and it's an opportunity to replace the brass steam wand ball piece that allows the wand to articulate. There's a PTFE washer that fits into the groove where the wand and nut screw onto the steam valve.

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
        Yes you should replace it. It gives the ball joint something smooth and non abrasive to slide on.

Cheers
        Thought I was reading "Fifty Shades of Gray" for a moment or two

Comment

Remember to slide a rubber over your wand before you screw the tip back on.

Comment

Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
            Yes, and it's an opportunity to replace the brass steam wand ball piece that allows the wand to articulate. There's a PTFE washer that fits into the groove where the wand and nut screw onto the steam valve.
            Thanks for that. What are the benefits of replacing the brass steam wand?

It's a new machine, just surprised the gasket is coming apart so soon.

Comment

If the machine's really new you just need a new o ring which sits in the base of the nut the wand sits in.

Comment

If the machine's really new you just need a new o ring which sits in the base of the nut the wand sits in.
                Thanks Sprezzatura

Comment

Originally posted by dimmy View Post
                  Thanks Sprezzatura
                  Just about any one of the CS sponsors with have this o ring: it's Expobar part number E107.

Comment

Just about any one of the CS sponsors with have this o ring: it's Expobar part number E107.
                    thanks again. You saved me some research time! (i wouldn't have known what the part would've been called)

Comment

Cheers! If you can't find one from a sponsor pm me and I'll send you one.

Comment

Working...
                      X