Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Machine Suggestions please - up to $2-3K

Hi all,

My brother and sister in law are looking for a new coffee machine, and are after suggestions. Price range is ideally up to $2k, but would consider spending up to $3k. I have a list of requirements below to hopefully narrow the field. Grinder is currently a Sunbeam EM0480 which will probably be staying for the moment, unless it is likely to be a serious issue. I have been trying to steer them away from a higher end Breville/Sunbeam unit purely from a long term serviceability aspect.

Any assistance and advice would be appreciated!

- Dual boiler/HX for mainly milk based coffees, and able to be used for multiple coffees when entertaining
    - Plumb in or internal tank are both options.
    - Quick warm up time, 15 mins max
    - 10 amp power
    - Ease of use and cleaning would be a bonus.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt
    I bought a SAB Nobel recently, very happy with it and ticks a lot of the boxes you have there

Comment

Send the sponsors an email. 15 minute warm up is a stretch for any prosumer machine

Comment

Bought an Expobar Leva here in Adelaide at the start of the year.

Sold the Sunbeam 6910, kept the Breville Smart Grinder, and could not be happier.

Comment

For a 15min warm-up you'd have to forgo the e61 group prosumer machines.
          Something like the profitec pro 300 or Lelit machines would be suitable.

Comment

....or revise the budget... 15 minutes is no problem whatsoever for a Linea mini- but you'd only get half of the machine....

Perhaps one of the cartridge heated groups like the little Bezzera? Paul or Antony should be able to comment...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRay View Post
              - Quick warm up time, 15 mins max
              If heat-up time is an issue, could be worth considering a timer switch?
              It may open up a whole lot more options...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I'll refer my bro. to the machines above. The warm up time is definitely a limiting factor, I'll have a chat with him about it.

Keep hem coming

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                  ....or revise the budget... 15 minutes is no problem whatsoever for a Linea mini- but you'd only get half of the machine....

Perhaps one of the cartridge heated groups like the little Bezzera? Paul or Antony should be able to comment...
                  Thanks Chris. Are you referring to the BZ10?

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Buy an Orvibo S20 smart power point. It's tiny and is internet connected. You can set up as many schedules as you like. I've got mine turning on at 6:30am for a 7:15 coffee and 5:30pm for a 6:15pm coffee. Costs 20$

Comment

Lelit PL60T and Profitec Pro 300 are dual boilers that would be ready to go in 15 minutes,

charlie

Comment

Originally posted by JetBlack_Espresso View Post
                        Lelit PL60T and Profitec Pro 300 are dual boilers that would be ready to go in 15 minutes,
                        charlie
                        +1 for the above. Both quick heating DBs at an entry level e61 HX price point.

Comment

I find my Wega Mini Nova Classic ready to go in about 15 minutes. I just pass a bit of water through it, as it were, if I'm the least bit unsure of temperature. If you want to be sure then put it on a timer as someone suggested although if you turn it on when you get up before you have a shower that is all you have to do.

I have a plumbed in model and I think it is worth the in line filtration (use for drinking water too) and a hole in the bench, you won't look back.

I would get an E61 HX machine. A double boiler is just more expense and I don't see much benefit unless you love fiddling with brew temperatures.

Keep it simple.

I would try to buy from someone local for servicing and support as these machines weigh about 25kg and not something you want to have to ship anywhere.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I've forwarded a short list of suggestions to my bro, will wait and see what happens next...

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Working...
                            X