Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for *The Best* Fully Automatic coffee machine that I can buy through Harvey N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for *The Best* Fully Automatic coffee machine that I can buy through Harvey N

Hi,

Be kind please... First time poster [emoji16]

My Saeco (pre Breville imported) fully automatic coffee machine has just *died* (well keeps asking me to check coffee/water waste & the door is broken [emoji22]).

Now looking for a new one; the best money can buy in this price brand... & looking at Harvey Norman to purchase due to interest free helps when I've just had a lot of medical bills & due to my health we are now on one income. I would love to purchase this weekend.

I do want the *best* as coffee is MY AIR - I can't live with out it.

I wanted to ask you all, the experts, so when I spend the $$$$'s I am totally happy with it & it will go the distance, as well of course, making the best coffee for a fully automatic machine.

Thank you all for your help!

Hi you don't say the price you are willing to pay. That might help a bit.

Comment

Anybody for a serving of deja vu?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	popcorn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	742647

Comment

Originally posted by dumiya View Post
        Hi you don't say the price you are willing to pay. That might help a bit.
        Sorry, I thought because I choose the topic of coffee machines between $1,500 - $3,000 section to write this then I didn't need to type the price [emoji4] - so I'm after machines up to $3,000... Obviously prefer closer to the $1,500 - but willing to go the distance for something worth the bigger bucks - Thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
          Anybody for a serving of deja vu?
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]13903[/ATTACH]
          Thanks for your input

Comment

If they have the breville Oracle that might suit your needs. That's as fully automatic as I'm willing to suggest.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, however you will find most here believe the best auto machine is at a rubbish tip. The closest here would be a volumetric espresso machine. As per the title of the forum we are after all Coffee Snobs. There may be a member with some experience in auto machines so I hope you get a reasonable answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                Welcome to the forum, however you will find most here believe the best auto machine is at a rubbish tip. The closest here would be a volumetric espresso machine. As per the title of the forum we are after all Coffee Snobs. There may be a member with some experience in auto machines so I hope you get a reasonable answer.
                Thank you for this... I know fully automatic isn't the best, but unfortunately since I'm the only one that can make a coffee in our family & unfortunately due to health I know have to pass on the 'coffee making' to my husband (who doesn't drink coffee) or my 9 year old son... The fully automatic is the only option [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] - I was hoping they had become a little better in this day & age... But know I'm asking for too much there [emoji12] - pity these machines don't come with the price tag of the rubbish tip [emoji23] but then they know they can get the $$'s for these for people in my circumstances... Or who don't know better [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Momo01 View Post
                  Thank you for this... I know fully automatic isn't the best, but unfortunately since I'm the only one that can make a coffee in our family & unfortunately due to health I know have to pass on the 'coffee making' to my husband (who doesn't drink coffee) or my 9 year old son... The fully automatic is the only option [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] - I was hoping they had become a little better in this day & age... But know I'm asking for too much there [emoji12] - pity these machines don't come with the price tag of the rubbish tip [emoji23] but then they know they can get the $$'s for these for people in my circumstances... Or who don't know better [emoji6]
                  Ps... THANKS FOR THE WELCOME [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by trentski View Post
                    If they have the breville Oracle that might suit your needs. That's as fully automatic as I'm willing to suggest.
                    Thank you... They sell 'Breville' so I will look into this one.... I wouldn't have looked at the Breville brand so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Momo01 View Post
                      Hi Momo01,

Honestly, I don't think CoffeeSnobs really are the experts in this area :-/ Essentially, we've often invested lots of time and energy into understanding manual machines, and don't bother getting acquainted with the super autos. Traditional coffee making knowledge won't get far in this conversation.

It's likely that if you're really hoping to get good recommendations from this forum, you'd be essentially asking us to do some fresh research on your behalf - so I wouldn't have high hopes on what kind of input you'll get. That being said, there might be a few super auto owners that can chip in, and there might be a few threads worth researching.

FWIW, my inlaws have a Saeco super auto - they get it serviced every year, and they're happy enough with it. I was there over summer and tweaked it for them to get a better pour, so if I was in the market for one, it seemed to do the job well enough. So I recommend you stick with what you know and get a Saeco. I haven't a clue how much they are, but in my experience, sometimes the higher the price, you're only getting 1 or two more features that get upsold to you as 'must haves' so be clear on what you're getting for your cash.

But - have you had it looked at by a service agent? Might be a darn sight cheaper than $3k...

Also - don't discount alternative brewing options like a Hario V60 pour over or similar. Very tasty coffee, very easily made, very easy clean up. 2% of the price of a super auto. Just, not frothy milk.

Good luck!

Alan

Comment

There is a breville owners thread several down from this one that may be of interest to you. Best of luck with your search

Comment

Originally posted by readeral View Post
                          Hi Momo01,

Honestly, I don't think CoffeeSnobs really are the experts in this area :-/ Essentially, we've often invested lots of time and energy into understanding manual machines, and don't bother getting acquainted with the super autos. Traditional coffee making knowledge won't get far in this conversation.

It's likely that if you're really hoping to get good recommendations from this forum, you'd be essentially asking us to do some fresh research on your behalf - so I wouldn't have high hopes on what kind of input you'll get. That being said, there might be a few super auto owners that can chip in, and there might be a few threads worth researching.

FWIW, my inlaws have a Saeco super auto - they get it serviced every year, and they're happy enough with it. I was there over summer and tweaked it for them to get a better pour, so if I was in the market for one, it seemed to do the job well enough. So I recommend you stick with what you know and get a Saeco. I haven't a clue how much they are, but in my experience, sometimes the higher the price, you're only getting 1 or two more features that get upsold to you as 'must haves' so be clear on what you're getting for your cash.

But - have you had it looked at by a service agent? Might be a darn sight cheaper than $3k...

Also - don't discount alternative brewing options like a Hario V60 pour over or similar. Very tasty coffee, very easily made, very easy clean up. 2% of the price of a super auto. Just, not frothy milk.

Good luck!

Alan
                          Thanks Alan!
                          Mmmm I haven't got it serviced every year [emoji15]... I always descale but never thought of servicing - again thank you... I when I was searching the lovely 'internet' for reviews etc someone had posted on another site to ask you all when someone had asked about the same topic... I thought I would especially as the page posted was from a couple of years ago & machines change; but do realise now I should have used my brain & realised no coffee snob would ever go auto [emoji6]... I use to think the same [emoji24] loved my old manual - you have been very helpful so thank you!

Comment

Out of the automatic machines on the market, Saeco machines don't make the best coffee in my opinion.
                            Jura is incredibly overpriced, gimmicky and also doesn't make very good coffee.

These machines lack a decent grinder which can be adjusted to grind fine enough. They can't grind fine enough as grinding too fine puts additional strain on the brew unit and other plastic parts which could cause them to break down faster.

In my opinion, DeLonghi make the best automatic coffee machines. They make cheaper units with manual milk frothers and more expensive machine with automatic milk forthers.
                            I personally prefer a machine where you froth the milk yourself. You have more control, there are less parts to clean and less stuff to break down.

Do you want a machine which does the milk for you as well or are you willing to froth the milk?

If you are willing to do the milk yourself, I would suggest the DeLonghi ECAM22.110.SB. It's reliable, cheap and performs quite well.
                            You can pick them up from Harvey Norman for around $700 which is cheap for what you get.

Realistically, you can spend more money but you won't get better coffee. You'll just get more features which are mostly useless.

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
                              Out of the automatic machines on the market, Saeco machines don't make the best coffee in my opinion.
                              We managed to get a 30 second pour from the Saeco after fining up the grind - but maybe they make them differently now. Or we did something wrong :P

Wandering through Harvey Norman every so often (and Myer) and having a look at the stuff they have, most of what you say rings true in my observations.

Comment

Working...
                              X