Serviced ECM technika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serviced ECM technika

Quick question if you don't mind. I had my machine serviced for the first time this week. I am now having difficulties placing the group handle in the group head and it won't rotate to 90degrees. Is this a problem? Should I take it back? Also what is a reasonable cost for servicing a machine like this? Thanks in advance.

Hi Click,

You will just need a group seal which is 0.5mm thinner. This will solve it...

Reasonable cost? That's a hard one.

We had two identical HX machines across the bench for service. One went out with little more than a group seal and shower and a few miscellaneous seals + lubricant. Well under $200.

Another was one of the worst I have ever seen. Filthy, near DOA and in extremely poor condition. Over $700 and the next one will be huge too as what it really needs is a back to chassis restoration. It really was a mess.

Look after your machine and you will be rewarded with moderate running and service costs. Abuse it and it will cost!

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. A bit annoyed about the seal. Today I can't even get the group handle in and it is a huge effort to get the machine to the service centre and back. I've been without my machine for 2 weeks and now I still can't use it [emoji26]

Comment

Originally posted by Clickchick View Post
        Thanks Chris. A bit annoyed about the seal. Today I can't even get the group handle in and it is a huge effort to get the machine to the service centre and back. I've been without my machine for 2 weeks and now I still can't use it [emoji26]
        Hi Clickchick...

A long shot but may be worth checking:
        • The bevelled edge of the group seal should be facing upwards
        • Check also that the seal was correctly seated on installation by loading an empty group handle (no basket) and then trying again with the basket
        • If you need a guide for a refit, just ewetoob e-61 group seal replacement and you'll be on your way. I use a little dishwashing detergent to help seat them.

Good luck!

Chris
        Last edited by TC; 18 September 2016, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Fabulous! Thanks Chris. I wasn't able to remove the seal to check the beveled edge but I did use the group handle without the basket. This has improved things quite a bit. Not quite at 90degrees with the basket but I presume that this doesn't really matter too much.

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Comment

If you're lucky they might have fitted the correct seal but put a spacer underneath it. What would be required in this case is to remove the seal, take out the spacer and refit the seal. The handle should lock in normally, perhaps a bit past 90 degrees.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have been unable to remove the seal but if I use the single handle without a basket I can then manage to get the group handle and basket in after that.

Comment

Working...
              X