Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Giotto losing steam pressure

Hi all,
    I have a ECM Giotto approx 12 years old which I've owned for approx 6 months. Overall machine serving me very well, but recently noticing the steam pressure is not what it used to be. When I first got it as reconditioned machine from site sponsor, it was the "steaming monster" some describe them as, would steam a 600ml jug hardly dropping below 0.9 bar.
    But now it often drops down to 0.5/0.6bar by end of a 600ml jug, and sometimes even refills the boiler halfway through (which of course kills your pressure even more with the inrush of cold water ).
    So far I've checked:
    Steam leaks from boiler: none that I can observe from any of the fittings on/around the boiler.
    Pressurestat: operating fine, on at ~1.1 bar, off at 1.2-3 bar.
    Water level probe : Checked for calc, all clean (checked in case boiler filling with too much water but doesn't seem to be )

I'm out of ideas as to why the performance has dropped, if anyone has suggestions as to what else I could check it would be much appreciated!

Hi Dan,

Check for scale/obstructions in the plumbing run from boiler to steam tip

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
      Hi Dan,

Check for scale/obstructions in the plumbing run from boiler to steam tip
      If there was an obstruction in the piping from boiler to wand, I cant see why it would result in low boiler pressure whilst steaming?

Rather, it suggests the steam mass/volume is low at the onset of steaming, resulting in a more rapid fall in pressure when mass is removed during steaming.

Perhaps worth looking at the liquid level again? Or, perhaps the boiler is full of scale...

Comment

Agree Mr.Jack...

Does sound like a volume restriction with the boiler, what ever the cause...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
        X