Rocket Evo V2 or Profitec pro 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Evo V2 or Profitec pro 500

I have it down to 2 heat exchangers, but t he rocket is a rotary pump while the proftec is vibration
    what do you guys think, I dont mind paying for the extra, and can I also descale the rocket evo at home; because I can for the profitec

I would plumb it in if you can. You have to put in water filtration inline but most of this can do double duty, the sediment and carbon filter for both drinking water (from a separate tap) and then a T branch to the machine with an inline water softening cartridge.

You plumb in the drain too. Once you do it, you reap the benefits plus a rotary pump sounds better and has heaps of pumping power.

Comment

Did you also consider the ECM Technica Profi IV rotary?

Comment

Rocket Evo V2 or Profitec pro 500

Definitely consider if you want to plumb in. RE: pump noise - Pro 500 seems like they've done a good job with designing rubber mounts to dampen the normal vibe rhythms.

Plenty of in depth YouTube videos to see the insides and compare features of these excellent machines.

+1 for the Profi IV rotary. Probably compares nicely on price too.

Are you in around Sydney or Melbourne?

Plenty of site sponsors happy to show you machines and make you a nice cuppa [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by kwantfm View Post
          yes I have looked at it, and it is a beautiful machine but I am more a knob guy rather then a joy stick on espresso machines; overall its actually a great machine

Comment

Originally posted by matth3wh View Post
            Definitely consider if you want to plumb in. RE: pump noise - Pro 500 seems like they've done a good job with designing rubber mounts to dampen the normal vibe rhythms.

Plenty of in depth YouTube videos to see the insides and compare features of these excellent machines.

+1 for the Profi IV rotary. Probably compares nicely on price too.

Are you in around Sydney or Melbourne?

Plenty of site sponsors happy to show you machines and make you a nice cuppa [emoji3]
            no actually in the states

Comment

well I am learning more about espresso machines everday but if I wanted a DB I would get the Profitec pro 700, the reason why I dont want to get it becasue of descaling; but if have soft water (which I dont know yet, going to do a water hardness test) I am prob going to save my pennies for the profitec pro 700 with the pro t64 grinder and plus that in with the BWT bestmax filter from Wholelattelove.com so I will not need to descale for a very long time, otherwise I am prob going to go with the profitec pro 500

Comment

Originally posted by kRnD3m0n View Post
                yes I have looked at it, and it is a beautiful machine but I am more a knob guy rather then a joy stick on espresso machines; overall its actually a great machine
                I reckon it is a marketing mistake. I have even had an experienced person at a coffee machine place here in Perth put me off this machine because of it. It is a fad IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by wattgn View Post
                  I reckon it is a marketing mistake. I have even had an experienced person at a coffee machine place here in Perth put me off this machine because of it. It is a fad IMHO.
                  I was a little concerned when I bought mine (two machines ago) but didn't have any problems with the joysticks. It really was a great machine and I wouldn't have any problem going back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kwantfm View Post
                    I did and it is a very nice machine. I ended up getting the Wega Mini Nova Classic from LBM here in Perth. I've had coffee machines before so I knew what to look for. I think the ECM is slightly nicer externally but the differences are minimal and I wasn't sure about the joystick valves. The Wega is a good name Italian brand too and for nearly $800 less than the ECM, it was a no brainer for me and left enough money to buy a grinder as well.

The ECM has a dual tank / plumb option though and a gauge for line/head pressure which the Wega doesn't have. The extra gauge though isn't that useful as pressure is generally a set and forget once done.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy on price too as long as it is a machine from a reputable maker and the supplier is helpful and good at after sales service.

I couldn't be happier with my machine anyway.

Out of the two machines, both are great but I like the attention to detail and the great manuals that the Rocket have in their machines.

Comment

Originally posted by wattgn View Post
                      I have even had an experienced person at a coffee machine place here in Perth put me off this machine because of it. It is a fad IMHO.
                      I'm intrigued to hear more about actual reasons informing said experienced person's opinion. I would imagine the design was one coming out of a decision around ease of use. Another potential option, is developments coming from commercial equipment where turning steam knobs all day leads to RSI for the barista. Of course, not such a big factor in the home environment. ;-) ... but ease of use is a worth while engineering pursuit. Along those lines they've made improvements to standard style rotary valves, easier to turn and no crush seats. There's commercial machines with steam foot pedals, but that might be going a bit too far for a home machine again. ;-)

Regarding the OP topic, it looks from post #95 here that kRnD3m0n is going with a Profitec Pro 700.

kRnD3m0n, wondering if you're close to stores like (east coast/west) Whole Latte Love or Seattle Coffee Gear or 1st Line equipment to be able to play with some machines in store and check out some more water filter options...?
                      Either way, worthwhile getting a water test kit and check for published TDS for water in your area...
                      Last edited by matth3wh; 2 November 2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I'm intrigued to hear more about the actual reasons for the basis of this experienced person's opinion.

Regarding the OP topic, it looks from post #95 here that kRnD3m0n is going with a Profitec Pro 700.

kRnD3m0n, wondering if you're close to stores like Whole Latte Love or Seattle Coffee Gear or 1st Line equipment to be able to play with some machines in store and check out some more water filter options...?
                        Get a water test kit and check for published TDS for water in your area... :-)
                        i wish not in new york or seattle not even LA
                        you know how much easier it would be then, to be able see the machine and get it demo out

Comment

I'm intrigued to hear more about the actual reasons for the basis of this experienced person's opinion.
                          I guess simple enough. They sell the range of ECM machines and they had customers who had complained that they didn't like the joy stick controls after they bought them. I think he didn't like them either. He was the service guy who has been there for a long time, a long time. I was surprised and I know opinions are just that, it can vary.

I still think it is risky business going to these controls. It follows fashion but fashion can change. I just think normal valves are not a problem and therefore doesn't require a solution. I would personally want to use the machine if it had joy stick valves before buying it and be 100% sure it is what I want.

Comment

Good to know. I'd be interested to hear from site sponsors and other repairers more on differences in servicing... but perhaps the answers could be added on to this existing thread Knobs or Levers or solenoids

Good luck with your machine kRnD3m0n and your water. Many happy coffees to you. :-)

Comment

Good to know. I'd be interested to hear from site sponsors and other repairers more on differences in servicing... but perhaps the answers could be added on to this existing thread Knobs or Levers or solenoids

Good luck with your machine kRnD3m0n and your water. Many happy coffees to you. :-)
                              well I am not sure what I will get but first what I am going to do, I have some water hardness strips coming soon, so I am going to test my water which is past throught an RO membrane filter; if that mattters I am also having my freind take a look at it if a plum options is even a possible(o yea hes a plumber over 30 years. my RO mebrane filter prob is good enough I belive it is Reverse Osmosis water coming out.
                              so i am going to test the water and go from there

Comment

Working...
                              X