Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decent Espresso Machines (DE1) - Any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Espresso Machines (DE1) - Any thoughts?

Could a mod please change the main picture for this thread in tapatalk; its offensive to the team who is building this machine and taking the time to participate in our forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Melbroaster View Post
      Could a mod please change the main picture for this thread in tapatalk; its offensive to the team who is building this machine and taking the time to participate in our forum.
      I get a de1 with a monkey drinking coffee on the tablet. Thats all i have ever seen. What are you seeing?

Comment

• The photo of the de1 is the new photo following on from my above post......[emoji41]

Comment

• Looks like its now changed back to the old one- mods whats going on?

Comment

• It wouldn't be anything to do with this platform, and all to do with what Tapatalk automatically pulls down from CoffeeSnobs according to their own algorithms. Typically it'll show the latest image posted, but I guess it's got some weird cache or image priority behaviour. Best solution would be to pull the offending image (if even it is still around).

Comment

• As above...
              I have no idea what you are talking about as I don't use Tapatalk and it's not something we have any control over.

So your posts are a mystery to me too (and obviously others).

Comment

• Originally posted by decentespresso View Post

3) I'm purchasing a "shipping simulator" machine, to shake the hell out of the DE1 before it goes to the next stage of beta testing.

Here's what our shipping simulator machine looks like.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]14708[/ATTACH]

Kudos for spending on something like this, I understand how hard it is for a startup to spend on what some would determine are non-essential but getting this sort of stuff right is vital to a new product.

You could also use our courier simulation machine to test it too:

Click image for larger version

Name:	courier-simulator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	743070

Freight companies are the back bone of any Internet business, we have some great ones (now) but when it goes pear-shaped it's never fun.

What's the expected shipping weight of the machines?

Comment

• Thanks Andy. Every x times the Decent thread shows up in the list of most recent topics the photo matched to that thread is of a junkyard with household rubbish everywhere. Never seen anything like it for any CS thread and looked like someone was having a below the belt shot at the product. Per your comment its not something that CS has control over.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElShauno View Post
                    If you could work out a hassle-free rental/lease scheme with your refurbs you might encourage people who are rusted on to older tech to give it a go commitment-free. Just applying your new wave thinking, hope you don't mind :-)
                    Yeah, I'd love to offer that, and you're not the first to ask. My biggest worry is that after one machine gets rented and then passed to someone else, it gets passed all bruised and potentially damaged, and with missing parts, so I'd have to ship it from AU->HK->AU to check it out, which is not very economical. People don't tend to treat rented things very nicely. My preference would be to work with an AU-based rental company, and have them handle it locally. However, if that's the avenue, I suspect it won't be all that inexpensive (rental company has to pay the bills, after all) so not as attractive. These problems are why I suspect you won't find our competitors offering rental units either. The only rentals I've ever seen in the espresso world are big old boiler units.

For now, at least, the best approach is for us to show up, do a "road show" and give as many people as possible hands-on time with a machine. Then, once the process is seeded, there should be someone in your city with a DE machine that you can visit. Plus, they'll have lived with the machine for a while and can tell you the reality of it.

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    What's the expected shipping weight of the machines?
                    Expecting around 25lbs / 12 kilos, but hoping to shave some of that off, maybe ending around 20lbs / 9 kilos.

Comment

• metric baby (just)... thanks for the conversion from pounds!

9-12kg is a great shipping weight, it's not heavy enough for people to want/need to push it off the back of a truck but heavy enough that they will carry it with two hands. I think at that weight you will get far less damage than some of the weightier machines do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post

You could also use our courier simulation machine to test it too:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14889[/ATTACH]
                        Hahahaha. Yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post
                          As above...
                          I have no idea what you are talking about as I don't use Tapatalk and it's not something we have any control over.

So your posts are a mystery to me too (and obviously others).
                          Yep! I'm still scratchin me head.

Comment

• For all you head scratchers out there - this is what tapatalk looks like regarding this iss. Scratch no longer!

Comment

• Originally posted by readeral View Post
                              For all you head scratchers out there - this is what tapatalk looks like regarding this iss. Scratch no longer!
                              FWIW! I see nothing in this post other than text, unless I disable my Ad blocker, then I see what I imagine I'm meant to see.

Seems Ad block blocks all images posted with Tapatalk, have noticed this previously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                                FWIW! I see nothing in this post other than text, unless I disable my Ad blocker, then I see what I imagine I'm meant to see.

Seems Ad block blocks all images posted with Tapatalk, have noticed this previously.
                                Well two mysteries solved in one. Getting great value there Yelta, ought to celebrate buy buying something from one of those adverts.

Comment

Working...
                                X