Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expobar Office Control problem - lots of steam and hot water - no flow at grouphead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expobar Office Control problem - lots of steam and hot water - no flow at grouphead

Hi - I just fired up my Expobar Office Control after having it serviced some time ago. Everything seems functional for the most part - I get lots of hot water, it fills normally (vibe pump hums and fills tank) and I get plenty of steam and hot water with auto refill.

However, when I try and make coffee - that. is, direct flow to the grouphead, I get a fainter hum (almost as if the 3-way valve is blocked) and no flow out the screen.

The repairman who did my service retired - it's a bit difficult as he was not well at the end (His wife returned the machine) so I do not want to bother him about it.

Any suggestions where to start? Thanks!

OK - fixed and thought I would post the info in case others find this thread.

Inside the Office Control's E-61 head (under the large brass hex "plug" - this group is quite different from lever machines) there is a tiny copper tube with a "jet" - much like on a gas hob. (It's under a small filter screen tube which you pull out and then the tube can be removed with a small socket.) The jet was plugged by a tiny piece of debris. Unsure what, but once removed, all was well.

Mind you, I had disassembled the entire machine, tested the solenoids and made quite a mess by then :-) Cheers!

Comment

These are often called a gicleur (French for 'jet' apparently) - basically a flow restrictor to slow the flowrate at the beginning of the shot.

Comment

Working...
      X