Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocket Premium Plus pressure guage keeps climbing - place to get checked in Hobart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Premium Plus pressure guage keeps climbing - place to get checked in Hobart?

Hi All,

Just moved from Melbourne to Tasmania and finally got my coffee machine set up... but when I turned it on the pressure guage quickly hit 2 and kept on climbing. I turned it off and opened the steam valve but there was no steam. I switched it back on for a few seconds and pumped some water through the group head and it was only just hot. Pressure release valve didn't kick in at all.

Any thoughts about what might be wrong (faulty guage?) or suggestions of where I could get it checked out in Hobart greatly appreciated.

~ Jeff K

Sounds like it's about to turn into a real rocket!

Comment

Maybe an issue with your vacuum breaker resulting in false pressure??
      Try leaving your steam wand open and letting the machine heat up.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

skidquinn correct in that there is possibly an issue with your anti vac valve sticking. It's odd that it's going up to 2 bar pressure though so there may be more going on there e.g. pressure stat issue.

A suggested service agent in Hobart is Cafetechnica available on 0408 802 585
        Alternatively you can try Quality Equipment Sales & Service (North Hobart) on 03 6234 8300

Comment

Originally posted by skidquinn View Post
          Maybe an issue with your vacuum breaker resulting in false pressure??
          Try leaving your steam wand open and letting the machine heat up.
          I'd just like to point out here that the term "false pressure" is a (potentially dangerous) misnomer. The pressure is very real (when people use that term) it's just that it isn't all the result of steam (rather steam + air).

Comment

Yes I had a similar problem. The solenoid that controls the water flow into the boiler got stuck. This means that the pump was pumping water into the boiler at extraction pressure. In my case the local distributor was able to dismantle the valve and clean it. Since then it has been perfect. In my case the pressure stat stopped the flow but the boiler was essentially full of cold water! If it did get up to steam there was only a puff of steam!
            I will try to locate the partnumber on the diagram at the top of this section. Your problem may not be the same but may be similar. Just worth considering.
            There is a way to test but your pressure is getting too high to let it come to the boil.
            I can't find the diagrams on this site. It is water part of the solenoid along the pressure side of the pump. It stops the brew pressure going into the boiler. As usual it is sort of difficult to get at. Try the antivac valve as suggested first.
            I found I had to extract 250 mls of water from the hot water valve before the pump kicked in which meant my boiler was almost full of water.

Comment

Thanks everyone... I've dropped it in to Quality Equipment Sales for them to check over. Between renovating our house for sale and moving, the machine has sat unused for almost five months and then crossed the Bass Straight in a shipping container which, judging from the dent in the side of the container, had a bit of an adventure on the way. I shouldn't be surprised if it's being a bit temperamental.

After five months of using my Nespresso machine, I was really looking forward to that first coffee in our new house. Not to be for another week or so I guess...

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                Recently had a similar thing happen but I overlooked something simple. The lock nut on the rotary pump had shifted because the plastic nut that keeps it in place had loosened. Kept getting 2 bar then it would climb up to 10.5 and the relief valve would kick in.
                I did test it out initally but I just didn't turn it enough times to figure out that was the problem.
                Anyway, probably for the best you got it checked after a rough ride. :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
                X