White sediment in hot water.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White sediment in hot water.

I have a VBM Super Domobar. I descale every 8 - 12 weeks. After descaling I draw at least three full tanks through to clean out. However after a week or so I note that when I draw hot water out of the hot water wand it is cloudy. If I let the water settle there is a layer of fine granules or sediment at the bottom of the glass. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Spencer.

Crikey! Why do you descale so often?

Comment

Probably descale solution.

Comment

I have seen the same thing if the water from boiler isn't used. I always use it to warm up cups and it hasn't been an issue. This is ok several machines.

Cheers

Comment

This makes sense.

Originally posted by artman View Post
          I have seen the same thing if the water from boiler isn't used. I always use it to warm up cups and it hasn't been an issue. This is ok several machines.

Cheers
          Thanks for your input. I did find an online manual which says flush the boiler regularly to prevent buildup of scale. I shall use the hot water wand more, to warm the cups.

Comment

Originally posted by SniffCoffee View Post
            Crikey! Why do you descale so often?
            Not sure! I will read the sticky note on descaling to check frequency necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by spencarr View Post
              Not sure! I will read the sticky note on descaling to check frequency necessary.
              Unless you're in an area with terrible water hardness it does sound like a lot of descaling...maybe install an undersink filter/softener too?

Comment

On opening, I found sediment in my boiler which was a type of white sand, I believe, used to insulate the heating element.
                My heating element casing had a crack in it and was tripping the earth leakage.

I don't know if this insulation material would come in a powdered form light enough to cloud the water.
                And you would definitely have earth leakage issues (assuming you have a safety switch installed).

Unlikely this is what you are seeing but thought I would mention anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X