Expobar Leva trips house electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expobar Leva trips house electrics

A couple of days ago I switched my 12yo Expobar Leva switched on, the pump ran for several seconds, then it tripped the house fusebox trip switch. Now every time it's turned on, instant tripping of switch. No moisture, no visible wiring issues, failed to fix itself over the two days.

I'm assuming that there is an earth leakage fault. I want to see if it's possible to fix it myself before I take it to the shop and give them $200+, like I did when this happened a few years ago, plus they're shut for the holidays.

I've got a multimeter and will happily clip or screw wires to things, but that is the extent of my electrical knowledge. Anything I can do?

G'day B,
    I mean no disrespect at all, but my honest suggestion is to leave it alone until you can get it in to a repair shop, or call upon a friendly electrician friend to have a look.
    If you have little to no electrical skills, please don't risk a home repair job, the consequences can be fatal.
    Steve

Comment

I know what you mean Steve and you're right, but if there is any 'like for like' parts replacement then I'm confident I can reassemble OK. I definitely would not work on any live kit or rig up something new.

Comment

Yes, but you first need to know which parts may need replacing...

Mal.

Comment

Where do you live? Sounds like you need a recommendation for a repair shop.

Comment

Suggestions v welcome. I'm 10km south of the Adelaide CBD. I've previously gone to what's now called Patio Coffee on South Road, Glandore.
            Thanks
            Keith

Comment

Bill Comley at Coffee World- Welland. A small commute, but in my experience, he does good work.

Comment

Complete Cafe Services at Glenunga or Unley are also a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                X