New La Pavoni & Fausto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scho047 View Post
    - frothing milk is a bit tricky at first and only recently I am getting very thick consistent texture of true baristas and now have to learn the trick of pouring for latte art!
    Sorry to say, there ain't no trick!! Just practice upon practice.

Comment

quick question....
      i have been using the machine as per my above thread... and it has been working really well. But i have noticed that when I am doing the backflush, the pressure is at 12 bar which has been where it was since the beginning. However when I put coffee into my pseudo 20g basket with correct dose and been tamping to the usual method and then start the brewing process, it only goes up to 4 bar. I had initially thought this was due to bad quality beans but when I switched it back to the good beans when I was getting good consistent 9 to 10bar whilst extracting, it was still at 4 bar (and therefore poor espresso).
      what am i doing wrong? or anything wrong with the machine?
      I have tested doing a blind extract and it was fine and went up to 12 bar again...... any tips?

Comment

It is probably the beans aging you need to adjust the grinder every couple of days to keep the same pour /pressure and you will need to adjust it again when changing beans

Comment

Looks great. What is the gauge attached to the group?

Have a look at koffeekosmo guide to frothing milk.

For latte art, I found this very good:

https://youtu.be/v4b7CZ7joUE

Cheers

Comment

[QUOTE=artman;601489]Looks great. What is the gauge attached to the group?

it is a proprietary (well for AUS models) brew pressure gauge that comes with. Which is rather handy.

Comment

Cool, never seen one before. Have seen retro fitted digital temp gauges there.

Should be quite accurate reading of brew pressure in that location.

Cheers

Comment

I have realised that I was a complete newbie for sure! as I was going backwards with the grind setting.... and therefore what I thought was making the grind to be finer, was in fact making it coarser and hence low pressure and quick extract and sour tasting coffee!!!
                All has returned to normality and making great espressos again on my new shiny toy!

Lesson learnt - use good quality fresh beans and when swapping out the beans, grind and throw some out and before panic sets in, learn to check which way I need to turn the grind dials for finer grind or coarser for that matter!

Cheers

Comment

Don't worry to much after 10yrs I am still in learning phase and occasionally have a seniors moment when adjusting the grinder

Comment

I just bought one of these machines and completely new to making Espresso. I'm getting 12 bar with a double shot, this is too high right? Does that mean that my beans are possibly ground too fine?

Comment

Where are you getting the 12 bar reading. The meter on the front of the machine does not read that high. If you are getting the reading from a meter on the brew head, check with the seller if that is correct. i only have the meter on the front of the machine and it varies from1 to 1.2 bar depending where in the heating cycle the machine is at.

Comment

Working...
                      X