New machine “not a box”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New machine “not a box”

Good news the CFO has approved my submission for a new espresso machine.

She has however made said approval conditional on it being “not a box” and even more concerningly wants it to be “nice looking”.

I fear I have stumbled into a devious ploy whereby conditional approval is granted but cannot be fulfilled.

While stretching the $3k allocation the Orchestral Nota got a tentative nod of approval.

What else is out there that might work both aesthetically as well as functionally?

Any suggestions will be very well received.

Cheers
    Peter

The Rocket Appartamento might work for you. It is a box but with rather arty side panels andhas the advantage of being well within your budget as well as not taking up as much kitchen real estate as many other machines. Otherwise, for something non boxy, there's the Electra Micro casa

Comment

Haha, best ones are the “boxes”

Non-box ones could include San Remo Treviso, Francino Cherub, Bezzera Domus Galatea.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
        The Rocket Appartamento might work for you. It is a box but has rather arty side panels but has the advantage of being well within your budget as well as not taking up as much kitchen real estate as many other machines. Otherwise, for something non boxy, there's the Electra Micro casa
        Thanks Flynnaus, you may well be onto something there - she’s very keen lately on copper and brass.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by arcachon View Post
          Haha, best ones are the “boxes”

Non-box ones could include San Remo Treviso, Francino Cherub, Bezzera Domus Galatea.
          Yes I looked at the Francino first but was scared off by the lack of reviews.

The Bezzera needs further investigation.

Cheers.

Comment

Say you will allow her to get the Nota and you'll customise it for her birthday. If she blinks you run to the nearest retailer like your hair's on fire..

Click image for larger version

Name:	1919902c4c32e96d5b831a366ef10637--espresso-coffee-espresso-machine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	747265

Comment

The Nota has dropped off a bit the last 12 months as a popular model in our range ..
              It is quite large and overly so in my opinion.

Bezzera Galatea is a worth choice for a non box style as is the Elektra micro casa.

We stock both so feel free to call or PM if we can help.

Cheers

Antony

Comment

My vote goes to the Elektra as a box killer. As long as you are not making shot after shot.

Comment

Originally posted by JMcCee View Post
                  Say you will allow her to get the Nota and you'll customise it for her birthday. If she blinks you run to the nearest retailer like your hair's on fire..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19446[/ATTACH]
                  That is the picture of beauty for sure.

Comment

Non box like

Comment

Not a box either

Comment

Originally posted by Casa Espresso View Post

Non box like
                        Not a square edge to be seen

Comment

Originally posted by arcachon View Post
                          Not a square edge to be seen
                          I've had both the Leva and the Semi on the bench and both made me smile first thing in the morning. And that was before I even made a coffee. Even after all these years you can still do a lot worse than an Elektra Leva or Semi.

Comment

Hiya

I have had a Bezzera Galatea for several years. One of the reasons why I choose it was that the edges of "the box" are so nicely rounded and the panels are fitted so well. It was form and function combined. The Electra in my opinion has a bit more form than the Galatea, the Electra is a real head turner for the kitchen, however the Galtea has a bit more capacity. By the later I mean that it will be able to churn out a dozen coffees in short time to cater if you have a few guests. The Electra is best suited to just a few persons. Even with many guests though you can always convince some to have tea :-)

So you probably need to discuss whether this is just for yourselves or do you entertain a lot? Do you want a bit more form over function? And if you can call into a CS Sponsor and have a good look at them. They are both very nicely built and look great.

Mike

Comment

The galatea looks fantastic in the flesh (metal?), much better than in photos, even my wife liked it!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X