No announcement yet.

New machine “not a box”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it turns out that the Rocket Appartamento gets the wife’s vote.

A box with brass circle highlights is “not a box”.

I’m not one to argue with that logic and I think I am pretty happy with the outcome.

Thanks for the helpful advice everyone.

Cheers
    Peter.

Comment

Good choice. Now, about the grinder..

Comment

Originally posted by SanderP View Post
        So it turns out that the Rocket Appartamento gets the wife’s vote. A box with brass circle highlights is “not a box”.
        Told ya! Congrats.
        As JMcCee said, make sure you match it with a good quality grinder.

Comment

So it turns out that the Rocket Appartamento gets the wife’s vote.

A box with brass circle highlights is “not a box”.

I’m not one to argue with that logic and I think I am pretty happy with the outcome.

Thanks for the helpful advice everyone.

Cheers
          Peter.
          Ironic as that machine is almost a perfect cube

Comment

Originally posted by arcachon View Post
            Ironic as that machine is almost a perfect cube
            Dont start that...

Comment

Good news the CFO has approved my submission for a new espresso machine.

She has however made said approval conditional on it being “not a box” and even more concerningly wants it to be “nice looking”.

I fear I have stumbled into a devious ploy whereby conditional approval is granted but cannot be fulfilled.

While stretching the $3k allocation the Orchestral Nota got a tentative nod of approval.

What else is out there that might work both aesthetically as well as functionally?

Any suggestions will be very well received.

Cheers
              Peter
              Any advice on the submission process you went through? Many of us have CFOs who don't quite see the value of high-end espresso gear as we do, and think we can just "make do" (oh my!). I'm hoping to get a nice new grinder soon and shall be planning my presentation!

Comment

The isomac mondiale is not the standard shiny box

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhakins View Post
                  Any advice on the submission process you went through? Many of us have CFOs who don't quite see the value of high-end espresso gear as we do, and think we can just "make do" (oh my!). I'm hoping to get a nice new grinder soon and shall be planning my presentation!
                  That is easy to justify with facts. if you buy a coffee a day for say $5 thats $1500 a year. two years of not buying (usually inferior) coffee and youre streets ahead, and have something of value that you can resell...... to upgrade so you can continue saving money.

The quicker you buy, the sooner and more you'll save!

Cheers

Comment

Elektra designs are just amazing. Breath taking beauty in any kitchen. Anyway i dont have it just dreaming about haveing one. My friend parent have it so when i come to visit them they make me some really good espresso.

Comment

I like my box, but I've modified it (cosmetically) to suit my taste.

It's an option for you to simply modify an exterior panel, colour change is only $100 - $200.

https://i.ibb.co/Pmddh6q/DSC00545-1.jpg

It maches the grinder now and I've constantly got compliments on the way the combination looks.

https://youtu.be/jvTPl1RHd3M

I personally can't stand Rocket's loud brand advertising and you can't remove it without leaving marks or holes in the stainless. But if you don't mind it, they do look good, even if they are basically cubes.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaBannana View Post
                        Elektra designs are just amazing. Breath taking beauty in any kitchen. Anyway i dont have it just dreaming about haveing one. My friend parent have it so when i come to visit them they make me some really good espresso.
                        They do look amazing, but I've never had a decent coffee from one so didn't get one. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) they were all show and no go.

Comment

While not a new Machine I spotted this bad boy on Ebay might be worth buying and restoring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	750152

Comment

Originally posted by BobSac View Post
                            I like my box, but I've modified it (cosmetically) to suit my taste.

It's an option for you to simply modify an exterior panel, colour change is only $100 - $200.

https://i.ibb.co/Pmddh6q/DSC00545-1.jpg
                            what did you use to get this finish? Did you do the front panel and drop tray?

Comment

Originally posted by Mb21 View Post
                              what did you use to get this finish? Did you do the front panel and drop tray?
                              Powdercoat. Satin black.

Both the Expobar and the grinder.
                              The Expobar is cheap, quick and easy, just a few screws.
                              The grinder cost a fortune to do, I didn't expect it to cost that much and wasn't too happy as the quotes I received to dismantle the grinder and for the powdercoat were both significantly more expensive than originally quoted

Together the cosmetic modifications cost $550.

Comment

Working...
                              X