Quick Mill Rubino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Mill Rubino?

I'm currently looking for a low end HX machine and had a look at a Quick Mill Rubino yesterday

It's a few hundred dollars cheaper than the others in that range (VBM, Isomac etc) and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything? There isn't much information on this model online

Many thanks

There's quite a bit of info there actually. Good solid Italian HX machine. Coffee-a-Roma has them on pre-order atm.

Don't get sucked into buying one from cafeitalia.

Comment

I can see some reviews on YouTube that unfortunately aren't in English but other than that I can't find much else

Thanks for the tip, coffee-a-roma is where I looked at it

Comment

Reviving an old thread I took the plunge and purchased a Quick Mill Rubino from Coffee-A-Roma. Who I believe are site sponsors. Along with a Macap M2M.

For 2.5k it's a setup that I am totally wrapped with. The Rubino is high quality build all the way. Almost feels like too much machine for the money.

Many thanks to Coffee-A-Roma too. Service was second to none and the Machine was fully and professionally demonstrated .

Click image for larger version  Name:	1588742933-picsay.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	826546
        Last edited by beanthere21; 6 May 2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

How’s the Rubino going? Hoping to have a new machine by years end and this is on my shortlist. What’s the warm up time like?

Comment

Originally posted by Cramp View Post
            How’s the Rubino going? Hoping to have a new machine by years end and this is on my shortlist. What’s the warm up time like?
            It’s got a 1.8l boiler and an e61 group head so proper warm up will be at least 30min.

Comment

Originally posted by beanthere21 View Post
              ....high quality build all the way
              I think many can confuse external finish with build quality. I have seen inside a few Quickmill machines in my time and the cost savings over some of the more prominent brands are often pretty evident in sloppy internal build and in particular, poorly resolved and/or secured wiring looms. I haven't seen a Rubino, so my comments may not be relevant to that particular machine.

Good build quality in a cheapie? CIME is an example which comes to mind but the savings are gained via compromise in external finish.

In this game, you generally get what you pay for.

Comment

• beanthere21
                beanthere21 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey caffeinator .. it's my first HX machine I wouldn't know. I guess time will tell. Seeing them all lined up they seem all very similar. Liking it a lot so far.

Yeah the old Quick Mill Andrejas from the 2000s were pretty terrible inside. This Rubino doesn’t look dissimilar to the CIME, just a lot more shiny. I wonder if there’s any association?

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
                It’s got a 1.8l boiler and an e61 group head so proper warm up will be at least 30min.
                Thanks for the replies. Thought that may be the case with the heat up time really need a short heat time. Looks like the Bezzera BZ10 or if I can stretch the budget the Expobar Brewtus. A while away from purchase so will keep researching.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Thought that may be the case with the heat up time really need a short heat time. Looks like the Bezzera BZ10 or if I can stretch the budget the Expobar Brewtus. A while away from purchase so will keep researching.
                  Would a timer be an option for you?

Comment

Would a timer be an option for you?
                    Have thought about that, would work for the morning coffee but if guests pop by or want to make hot chocolate for the kids need the machine to be ready quickly.

Comment

Have thought about that, would work for the morning coffee but if guests pop by or want to make hot chocolate for the kids need the machine to be ready quickly.
                      The boiler itself would probably get up to temp/pressure in 5-10min which should be ok for the odd hot chocolate. The e61 takes a lot longer to heat up and then stabilise so if you’re making coffee for guests you’d want it to be on for a bit before they arrive. How often do you have unannounced guests drop in? Don’t get caught in the trap of buying something that caters to a situation that might occur 1-2 times a year. You want your decision making to be based on how you’re going to be using your machine day-in, day-out. Compromising once or twice a year generally isn’t an issue, but doing it every day quickly becomes painful.

Comment

The boiler itself would probably get up to temp/pressure in 5-10min which should be ok for the odd hot chocolate. The e61 takes a lot longer to heat up and then stabilise so if you’re making coffee for guests you’d want it to be on for a bit before they arrive. How often do you have unannounced guests drop in? Don’t get caught in the trap of buying something that caters to a situation that might occur 1-2 times a year. You want your decision making to be based on how you’re going to be using your machine day-in, day-out. Compromising once or twice a year generally isn’t an issue, but doing it every day quickly becomes painful.
                        Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Most of the time it just brewing my morning coffees so could have it on a timer to be ready when I get up. Opens up a few more options. Liking the look of the Lelit Mara X so see if I can get the funds together, hoping to have a new machine by end of the year. Thanks again for the responses.

Comment

Thought that may be the case with the heat up time really need a short heat time.
                          How about 8 minutes? Our resident @coffeemachinist can do that for you...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...0463727069001/

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post

How about 8 minutes? Our resident @coffeemachinist can do that for you...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...0463727069001/
                            Link doesn’t seem to work, but some searching reveals modding the e61 group head so it heats up faster. Sounds good but would be out of budget.

Comment

Working...
                            X