Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest E61 group single boiler espresso machine to buy in Australia? Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yelta
    replied
    Originally posted by Caps View Post
    Only 2 posts, but over 175 5 star Google reviews I suspect.
    Its possible.

Leave a comment:

• WarrenK
    replied
    Hasn't everyone been watching state of origin for the last 2 hours? Qld won!

Leave a comment:

• Caps
    replied
    Originally posted by Yelta View Post
    Wondering why your here MK, two posts, both negative.
    Only 2 posts, but over 175 5 star Google reviews I suspect.
    Last edited by Caps; 5 June 2019, 11:18 PM. Reason: That was sarcasm by the way

Leave a comment:

• ilichev
    replied
    Dear 338, Only now (after explanations about abuse of this forum) I could understand the situation and suspicion of some senior members. Noworries, hope everything is clarified now. Thank you for explanations. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Barry O'Speedwagon
    replied
    Originally posted by ilichev View Post
    Dear Barry, Thank you for your reply and apology. Apology accepted and acknowledged. Sorry for my sometimes misleading info, but as a very new member I was asking advice and initially was looking for E61 single boiler cheapest machine, but nobody mentioned Quick Mill Carolla. I researched this machine and found that it could be cheapest E61 single boiler machine for me (I do not drink milk with espresso). I did not listen to very polite warning about Quick Mill (it was too polite and I was focused on what I discovered by myself). It was a good lesson for me, and I learned by hard way. Now I am happy so far with ECM classika PID.
    I am not the undercover dealer, just not experienced new member. Would be happy to share my experience with ECM and coffee roasting in this forum. Cheers.
    All good mate.

Leave a comment:

• ilichev
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    My apologies Ilichev. I initially took your posts at face value (note I was one of the first to try to help you). At that point, you didn't bother acknowledging replies individually, and you continually shifted the goalposts (cheapest / best / cheapest and best / best etc) when anyone suggested almost any machine other than your original target. So obviously I got it wrong. Anyway I hope you get many years of great coffee from your new purchase.
    Dear Barry, Thank you for your reply and apology. Apology accepted and acknowledged. Sorry for my sometimes misleading info, but as a very new member I was asking advice and initially was looking for E61 single boiler cheapest machine, but nobody mentioned Quick Mill Carolla. I researched this machine and found that it could be cheapest E61 single boiler machine for me (I do not drink milk with espresso). I did not listen to very polite warning about Quick Mill (it was too polite and I was focused on what I discovered by myself). It was a good lesson for me, and I learned by hard way. Now I am happy so far with ECM classika PID.
    I am not the undercover dealer, just not experienced new member. Would be happy to share my experience with ECM and coffee roasting in this forum. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Yelta
    replied
    Originally posted by MokaKing
    And still not an apology from any of those concerned, now thats the real shame! Every forum, on every topic has people like this unfortunately. Cliques. I hope you like your new machine. I'm just getting started with all this stuff, and am doing the rounds just like you. Have had some great dealings so far with a particular Melbourne dealer, but i dare not give them a mention as I'll probably be accused of being a spy! haha.
    Wondering why your here MK, two posts, both negative.

Leave a comment:

• Barry O'Speedwagon
    replied
    I am a new member, and have no experience in espresso pro-consumer machines. I decided to buy machine for my birthday anniversary and asked experienced coffee snobs to help me. Unfortunately, instead of help, I started to receive suspicions that I am a undercover coffee machine dealer. Shame on you.
    My apologies Ilichev. I initially took your posts at face value (note I was one of the first to try to help you). At that point, you didn't bother acknowledging replies individually, and you continually shifted the goalposts (cheapest / best / cheapest and best / best etc) when anyone suggested almost any machine other than your original target. So obviously I got it wrong. Anyway I hope you get many years of great coffee from your new purchase.

Leave a comment:

• CafeLotta
    replied
    I am a new member, and have no experience in espresso pro-consumer machines. I decided to buy machine for my birthday anniversary and asked experienced coffee snobs to help me. Unfortunately, instead of help, I started to receive suspicions that I am a undercover coffee machine dealer. Shame on you.
    Congrats on your recent purchase. I'm sure many would be interested in your journey with this machine as there hasn't been much reported on it by members.

To be fair, your earlier posts did seem to be promoting the product rather than being just a query. Maybe it was a case of you thinking aloud and trying to convince yourself of the correct direction to go in? Regardless, it wasn't a straight forward query so did draw attention for this reason. You have clarified your position and are obviously welcome on the Forum.

As Barry mentioned, there has been a serial pest continually abusing the good nature of the forum for his attempted personal commercial gain. I know of at least a couple of other cases where commercial entities have masqueraded as private members to try to lead other members to products they sell. Recently there was yet another retailer using the For Sale section for attempted commercial gain. Commercial entities have the option of supporting the Forum as Site Sponsors as long as they follow the Code of Conduct and Site Rules.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Thank you for the reply and indirect answer to my question about E61 espresso machine. Indeed ECM Classika PID is the cheapest and the best machine in the single boiler category. Many dealers are very confident in this machine and happy to provide very positive reviews.
    Indeed, I am very happy with ECM Classica PID after first 2 weeks of use. It is not cheap, but definitely very good single boiler machine.
    IllChev, even you don't seem to agree with your earlier comment. First you say it is the cheapest and best, then you say it is not cheap but is definitely good. You can't blame Mr O'Speedwagon for being confused!

PS There is no shame in wondering someones motives, there was a large scandal here with an undercover coffee machine dealer having multiple false identities. With knowledge of the history, the suspicion makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• ilichev
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    Absolutely, I was going to respond to one of the earlier posts (#25) by asking 'are you trying to buy one of these or sell them?'. Pretty shameless stuff.

Leave a comment:

• CafeLotta
    replied
    Having good espresso machine (after DeLonghi and Saeco before) I now could see the difference in coffee that E61 and 9-10 Bar pressure can make. The taste of espresso shot from ECM is completely different that from Saeco and DeLonghi with only 1-2 bar pressure.
    It sounds like you're now well on the way to satisfying your Espresso drinking needs. Be sure to look into water quality and proper filtration for your new Stainless Steel boiler machine.

If at some point you feel that you want to step it up even further, a grouphead thermometer might help squeeze out even an extra little bit in temperature control. The PID on the Single Boiler could well give you all the temp control you need. E61 groupheads can exert a bit of an influence on the final brew temp depending on how well tuned the thermosyphon circuit is on individual machines. Developing a consistent brewing routine helps with repeatable results too.

I've just started trialing the new CoffeeSensor design Pro version E61 Grouphead themometer from site sponsor CoffeeSensor. Looks to be well made, has an updated thermometer head unit and is easily adjustable for correct insert depth. Seems to be every bit as good as the similar current benchmark unit from the USA but at a much better price landed here in Australia. Will do a detailed review soon. https://coffee-sensor.com/product/di...s-pro-version/

Leave a comment:

• ilichev
    replied
    Originally posted by JetBlack_Espresso View Post
    I'm happy to confirm that Alex is, in fact, the happy new owner of an ECM Classika PID. Foil beanies can be removed

charlie
    Thank you very much for confirmation. Indeed, I am very happy with ECM Classica PID after first 2 weeks of use. It is not cheap, but definitely very good single boiler machine. Having good espresso machine (after DeLonghi and Saeco before) I now could see the difference in coffee that E61 and 9-10 Bar pressure can make. The taste of espresso shot from ECM is completely different that from Saeco and DeLonghi with only 1-2 bar pressure. Unfortunately, my first experience with E61 single boiler (Quick Mill Carolla) was frustrating when pump seal was broken on the 3-rd day of usage and flooded my kitchen. Likely, I was able to return it back and get full refund (great thanks to coffee-A-roma in Melbourne).
    I think I was blind when looking for espresso machine and could not accept the reality that price for good machine starts from about $2,000. It was a very big leap for me from my old $400-500 coffee machines to ECM (about $2,000). I thought to get good machine for about 1,500, but reality proof me wrong.
    Australia is the most expensive country in the world (not only in espresso machine price). I wasted 2 return drives to Melbourne from Shepparton (including fuel and tolls), 1-st to buy Carolla, 2-nd to return it back, but hope I learned by the hard way.
    Looking forward to start a new life with ECM and enjoy my perfect cup. (By the way, I am roasting my green beans. Initially we used popcorn maker, but now we bought super rotisserie (very cheap $120) and roasting coffee better). If anybody interested about the brand and price of rotisserie, I will be happy to share my experience.

Leave a comment:

• Yelta
    replied
    Originally posted by SanderP View Post
    Why does anonymity bring out the worst in some people?

A little civility doesn't cost anything and goes a lot further than name calling.

Cheers.
    Far from anonymous, those of us who have been around for a while knew exactly who reefkitchards was.

Leave a comment:

• CafeLotta
    replied
    Originally posted by JetBlack_Espresso View Post
    .................Foil beanies can be removed

charlie
    Mine's staying on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X