Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibiemme Domobar Super - Pump working, no water.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibiemme Domobar Super - Pump working, no water.

Hi All,

Picked up a second hand Vibiemme Domobar Super today that they say was never used and has just been sitting around. The pump is working but no water is going into the boiler. From what I can see no water is in/out either of the tubes in the water reservoir. I have opened it up and there is no scale anywhere, so nothing is blocking any of the pipes or tubes.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is my replacement for my faulty Bezerra so as you could imagine I am desperato to find a solution.

If you lift the brew level while the pump is running does water come from the group? If not does the sound from the pump change?

Comment

When you say the pump is working, what makes you say it's working if no water is moving? Could it be an air lock?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggy42 View Post
        If you lift the brew level while the pump is running does water come from the group? If not does the sound from the pump change?
        No to both of these mate

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
          When you say the pump is working, what makes you say it's working if no water is moving? Could it be an air lock?
          Good point! So I just used a clear container so I could see what's going on. I could post a video but I think I can describe it. A few cm of water is being drawn into the hose but it's not travelling further down the hose, it also does not leak back out the other way if I take it out of the reservoir. Would this suggest an airlock?

Comment

Originally posted by nickrauksts View Post
            No to both of these mate
            I should also say that I don't have the model with the lever. It's got a single "button"

Comment

I have a feeling Ninja is on the right path an air lock or a pump that needs to be primed could be the cause I'd try getting a syringe filling the line from the tank using gravity to help and see if you can get some water into the pump to get it started.

Comment

Check the gicleur in the top of the e-61 group for blockage.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggy42 View Post
                  I have a feeling Ninja is on the right path an air lock or a pump that needs to be primed could be the cause I'd try getting a syringe filling the line from the tank using gravity to help and see if you can get some water into the pump to get it started.
                  Yep that did the trick. Now I have a new problem. No water coming from the grouphead. I am getting steam and hot water through the wands though. Pressure gauge goes right up to 16bar.

Comment

See above. Clear the gicleur

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
                      Thanks mate. Will check as soon as I get home and report back [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
                        I cant see anything obvious. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Comment

Can you turn on the pump, and while it is running, loosen the pipe into the water pressure gauge. Notice if any water is coming out of it. If it is, the pump is working, it is priming water. Tighten the pipe connector while the pump is still running to avoid air entering, and switch off pump when done.

Operate the brew switch, and if no water comes out, I'd be looking for blockages within the group, or a faulty fill solenoid or a faulty three-way valve solenoid.

Comment

Originally posted by robusto View Post
                              Can you turn on the pump, and while it is running, loosen the pipe into the water pressure gauge. Notice if any water is coming out of it. If it is, the pump is working, it is priming water. Tighten the pipe connector while the pump is still running to avoid air entering, and switch off pump when done.

Operate the brew switch, and if no water comes out, I'd be looking for blockages within the group, or a faulty fill solenoid or a faulty three-way valve solenoid.
                              Water is coming out of the pipe to the pressure gauge but not out of the group. Should I be taking the group apart as the next step?

Comment

Working...
                              X