Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM mechanical slim leaking

Good evening all

1st post and 1st machine - so if I am a big vague in my descriptions apologies

Purchased a Mechanika Slim in June - has been perfect up until now. Cleaned and back flushed Sunday and notice on Monday that something is leaking - here is my best attempt at describing it

- Periodic (once a minute) steam releases coming from the area around the top of the boiler. These are very short and sharp - but noticeable. When I sit a glass on top of the vents - it builds up condensation.
    - I notice that the boiler is drawing in water a lot more than it used to during the day. Suspect this is not a coincidence as it started happening at same time.
    - I managed to sneak a look through the holes in the top tonight - could see exactly where it was coming from. I found a picture online where I can circle the location - but don’t know how to attach to this.
    - basically it appears to be a copper valve with a small hole in the middle of it and a short (5mm) rod coming out of the whole. This is where it is above mentioned leak is originating from

Like I said - I have a picture but can’t upload it

Basically has come from nowhere and I’ve only had the machine for 3 months.....so not sure what to do or what has caused it. I’ve turned the machine off for now

Anyone have an idea on what is going on?

Ok - found out it’s the anti vacuum valve
    fiddled around with a chopstick and pressed it in and out
    seems to have settled into position again
    I guess it was missing its seal for whatever reason

Comment

Glad to hear you have resolved the problem Queedo...

Welcome to CS by the way.

Mal.

Comment

Seals are tiny o-rings. I buy trays of various sizes for many applications, and when one blows, usually every year or two, it is a very simple matter to remove the vacuum break valve, remove the piston, CLEAN the cylinder with very very fine glasspaper or emery cloth or steel wool, insert the new o-ring and that's it.

To test if the valve is the culprit creating the hissing, when the machine is up to pressure, use a chopstick or like "implement" --not your finger because steam is hot--and tap the piston down. If you hear the hissing increase, or even stop when the piston returns, there is your problem.

Comment

Working...
        X