Nuova Simonelli Mac Cup V Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuova Simonelli Mac Cup V Rebuild

Its been a while and I felt the need to rebuild something, so picked this up on the way to work!

As usual build notes and pics to come!

Steve "I have tools I can rebuild it" Sullo's
    Attached Files

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Ditto...
      Looks to be nice and clean on the outside Sullo, so that's a good start...

Mal.

Comment

she's a lil dirty on the inside but that's to be expected, now to name her heheheh

Comment

Great machines these. Solid performers and no issue with parts so hopefully it all comes together nicely.

Comment

Ok weekend finally after doing domestic duties, the machines now meen named finally so I can begin work, Maria!
            In reference to that Fritz Whatshisface earluy scifi robot called Maria (Yes I name all my appliances, my Azkoyen Bravo was Abbey, the Breville 920 is Esmerelda)

So got her up on a bench and started pulling off panels and the photo routine begins and now time to go thru documentation before the bigger spanners come out.
            On startup I can hear the pump trying but isn't pulling in water,
            I can see clear water in the sight glass which is reassuring, I think the pump will be looked at first off,

Pics!
            Attached Files

Comment

More pics
              it doesn't look toooo bad considering, but its a project I wanted to rebuild down to frame so Im good with it
              Attached Files

Comment

So I hooked up power as I knew when I picked it up power worked but before I dismantle and rebuild wanted to be sure everything worked,
                I hooked up water to the inlet, powered on heard boiler activate and start heating and watched pressure gauge move after about 5mins and wanted to check if pump was out of action,
                Presto wATER went in an came out the group! It works!
                Group head is a mess and I have to figure out how to remove the whole thing to dismantle as it looks like its part of the boiler somehow by all the bolts and what not,
                Time to dismantle and order repl seals and what not, even steam works!
                Happy Days!

Comment

Great rebuild effort here mate with loads of photos...
                  Espresso Restorations - NS MAC

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                    Great rebuild effort here mate with loads of photos...
                    Espresso Restorations - NS MAC

Mal.
                    Thanks Mal he has some good pics there, im trying to ingest the rebuild repair parts manuals once i am sure ive found the boilervalves to empty it i think ill be removing bolts behind the group head an piping, this group head is nastydirty!
                    I emptied the shelf of citric acid yesterday. Then be time for bolier, shame i own a pressure washer now as old carlovers isnt that far away!

Comment

So not much today im stumped on what this group head is called so i can find info on dismantling it as im sure its not e61
                      Theres a buttload scale buildup an id like to completely dismantle rebuild regasket this thing any ideas?
                      I got the screen an screw off an gasket out but getting any further without damage has me thinking...
                      Attached Files

Comment

No mate, definitely not of Faema vintage.
                        NS made their own proprietary groups. Found a parts manual for the Mac Cup series that might be of help to you...

Mal.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Going by that manual im guessing that thing in the photo i forget its name with the three holes in it as pictured above should theroretically unscrew? This sits right above the shower screen that came off with one screw, didnt want to remove it all atm but thinking once i firgure out where the tank/boiler release valve is so i can drain the boiler next thing would be to totally remove that head, whatcha think Mal?

Comment

G'day mate...

I'd just undo any of the fittings/bungs on the bottom of the boiler to drain it and then take heaps of photos as you go, stripping the machine down.

I've never owned or worked on one of these before but after all, it is just a machine and should be a reasonably straight forward matter to disassemble...

Mal.

Comment

Tonight’s update
                              After a long drive up to Newcastle and jobs all the way back, strangely i was motivated to attack Maria (see above i name my machines)
                              I couldnt get at that piece above shower screen so traced all pipes and diagrams and loosed a bolt and taadah water started streaming out of the valve end into the tray then into a bucket, luckily waters clean, good sign, but im still going to tear it all down.
                              I managed to get off the group head after much swearing tears gnashing of teeth, and amused looks by wifey,
                              Got the bugger off and nearly dropped it its that heavy, looked at wifey and said, shite you italians sure know how to make a solid group head! She laughed and wandered off.
                              Off to woolies tomoro to buy all their tins of citric acid and get more cafetto to soak this bugger in to get that complete ground head cap out!!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X