Grimac Mia Restore/Rebuild - “Greta”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimac Mia Restore/Rebuild - “Greta”

So whatwas going to be a day in jammies till when ever i got to garage turned into a mad dash across Sydney, to go meet two vry nice people, an their awesome doggo,
    I now have a Grimac to play with,
    On filling tank an powering up the boilers boiling but I think there maybe oscillating pump issue, its loud as hell then stops with an error beeping sound and on the front pad h what I think is watericon is flashing,
    So after a quick milan photoshoot an testing of that awesome green purple polish, thamls Dimal!!!
    Greta as she has been codenamed, will need her clothes removed and pump looked at.

Inital pics and man that polish works soooooo well!!
    Attached Files

How good is this purple polish, stainless almost mirror like an i only did a half assed job!
    Attached Files

Comment

Now to find a user manual an diagrams!

Comment

And with side panels off
        Attached Files

Comment

Good solid machines. There's a water flow issue, first try priming the pump. Use a syringe or blow into the tube that feeds water to the pump to try and introduce some water to it. That may be all it needs to start working again.

I'd also love to know who applied teflon tape to every flared fitting visible on the machine. Clearly a fundamental lack of understanding. Tread carefully with the rest of it, who knows what else they've done.

Comment

its definetly pump
            just found this other ex5 in my spares box an reading ratings im guessing they arent interchangable?
            Attached Files

Comment

noidle your a bloody legend i did what you suggested an its drawing water!!!!

Comment

we have flow!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo View Post
                  its definetly pump
                  just found this other ex5 in my spares box an reading ratings im guessing they arent interchangable?
                  That new pump will be a direct swap for the old one

Comment

had to go for a shot, time an grind is way off, thinking head needs some love perhaps new seals almost as much water came out the base if the e61 as did the group head!
                    but am happy so far!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Was that during the shot or at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post

I'd also love to know who applied teflon tape to every flared fitting visible on the machine. Clearly a fundamental lack of understanding.
                        Amen to that.

Amen is basically Hebrew for "Ain't that the truth".

Comment

The pressure stat in mine is mounted a bit higher up but everything else looks right.Grimac MIA Parts.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
                            Was that during the shot or at the end?
                            at the end itd piddle out

Comment

I always thought it was a greeting for adult males.

Comment

Working...
                              X