Silvia PID Dual Boiler is coming!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia PID Dual Boiler is coming!!!

Peeka Boo! Look what I have just spotted on Rancilio’s website!!

*** A new Dual Boiler PID Silvia ** 😱😱
    0.3ltr brew and 1ltr steam.
    PID with shot clock
    Separate hot water spout

The question is.. how much will this go for??? I’d say atleast $400-500 more than the current model.

What a compact beast!

https://www.ranciliogroup.com/rancil...xl/silvia-pro/
    Attached Files

Meh...

They're only about 3 years behind The Coffee Machinist. Done well and right!

Comment

Could make a real dent in the market if they get pricing and performance/durability right.

My guess is that it will be overpriced and miss the mark.

Well spotted by the way!

Comment

Agree with Caffeinator...
        Too little too late given other options that have been available for quite some time.

Mal.

Comment

They've probably been losing market share for some time. The key to the Silvia's success in the past was a solid build at a very affordable price. It's Achilles heel was always temperature control and the need to temperature surf to avoid burning the brew. Even just adding a factory PID to the existing Silvia and keeping the price at a very affordable level for entry level buyers would have likely helped Rancilio claw back it's lost market share.

Introducing a new untested (by the domestic market) dual boiler PID model at what will no doubt be a much higher price and competing against similar established machines from quality manufacturers is optimistic at best.

Comment

needs a bigger boiler, the temp surfing is a pain

Comment

Are there any other DBs in that footprint? That might help them a bit. Depending on price though. My prediction is that they will overshoot with pricing and people will be more willing to look to larger footprints to save $$$

Comment

Yeh I had just happen to stumble across this on Instagram. As others have said, pricing is going to have to be sharp otherwise there are better options already out there. Don’t know why however I have a soft spot for Silvias for some reason I had a laugh

i reckon it will be around $1500 AUD, which is too pricy IMO but given the compact size.
                I wouldn’t mind it as a spare holiday machine though

Comment

Originally posted by Andy196 View Post
                  As others have said, pricing is going to have to be sharp otherwise there are better options already out there.
                  What other options are you thinking of?

Comment

Should be a good machine but hopefully it doesn't bump the price too much

Comment

Rancilio have been too slow to react and that has cost them I think. But if they price this model right I can see it being a popular choice given its size.

I really liked my Silvia but when I went back after using a dual boiler I just couldn't do the temp surfing ritual any more. Also years on loan and in storage were not kind on the old girl and she's currently back on a shelf at the back of a cupboard. Was a pretty solid unit other than the powder coated base which on mine started to rust.

Comment

Probably a silly question but is dual boiler mainly for steaming milk?

Comment

$2,999.00 ! @ Jetblack eta 31/1/20

Comment

They are dreaming at $3k!!!!

Comment

Exactly.

On their website it still says price tbc, but why would you throw that figure out into the interweb... perhaps to generate speculative gossip on coffee forums

Comment

Working...
                              X