No announcement yet.

Crem One Dual Boiler machine any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crem One Dual Boiler machine any good?

I've been looking for a new machine and just as I was about to hit the button on a Rocket Appartmento H/X machine another one caught my eye but I can't seem to find any reviews on it. Has anyone had any experience of the Crem One Dual boiler with PID, they do say it is a complete revamp of the Expobar Crem Leva so would expect the build quality to be good. The price between them is probably doable, the Crem is about £200 more expensive at £1395 but is the extra money worth moving to this? Crem do a similar H/X machine that is similar in price to the Rocket. Any help would be appreciated

I have seen inside. The build is good.

They're only just coming to market in the UK now. Australian stock is early 2020

Dave Corbey has has a play with some models. You'll find his comments on the ewetoob. Try searching crem one espresso dave corbey

Comment

Thanks Caffeinator, I'll take a look at his posts on ewetoob.

Comment

After watching the video and speaking to Bella Barista, these look and sound like really good machines and took the calculated risk and bought myself the dual boiler boiler one. Looking forward to getting in delivered shortly

Comment

Hi Bourne76, Just following up on this. Did you end up getting the Crem One? Any initial thoughts? Considering a new machine and this looks good.

Comment

• sizl
            sizl commented
            Editing a comment
            + 1 for your comments Bourne76!

thanks

Just took the plunge on the 2B R-LFPP from Jetblack this morning, it came down to the pro700, bianca, Decent and this one.

The decent is slightly out of my range at the moment and I really like a classic look, and the pro and bianca are limited to paddle profiling.

This unit seems to have a lot going for it and little downside, really looking forward to it having spent 5 years with a domobar jr & K3. Recently upgraded to the Niche, so it should be a pretty competent pairing for the price point.

Comment

• robertshepherd
            robertshepherd commented
            Editing a comment
            How’s it going for you?

• alexcs
            alexcs commented
            Editing a comment
            Havent recieved it yet, hopefully tomorrow fingers crossed

Originally posted by alexcs View Post
          Just took the plunge on the 2B R-LFPP from Jetblack this morning, it came down to the pro700, bianca, Decent and this one. The decent is slightly out of my range at the moment and I really like a classic look, and the pro and bianca are limited to paddle profiling. This unit seems to have a lot going for it and little downside, really looking forward to it having spent 5 years with a domobar jr & K3. Recently upgraded to the Niche, so it should be a pretty competent pairing for the price point.
          Keep us updated with how you find it. Very interested to hear people’s experience of the Crem One.

Comment

Ditto. I’m between a Decent and the Crem One myself. Keen for your thoughts when you get it. The fact that’s it’s available right now compared to the 2-3 month wait for the Decent is a big factor!

Comment

Originally posted by alexcs View Post
              Just took the plunge on the 2B R-LFPP from Jetblack this morning, it came down to the pro700, bianca, Decent and this one.
              Interesting thought processes. Almost exactly the same here. I fell in love with the flow control paddle I installed on my Rocket. I was getting sweeter flavors I've never had before so I thought my next machine was going to have "proper" pressure/flow profiling. I narrowed it to 3. Decent, Crem One and the Rocket nine one. The rocket is over $9000 which quickly ruled that out so I ended up ordering the Decent but I have to wait weeks before I see it. It offered a few more advantages (and some disadvantages) but at a higher price
              Good luck with your purchase and I'd love a review when you've used it. I have watched all the crem one videos from Dave Corby and it looks really good.

Comment

Well it arrived today, have had a quick play with it. Need to dial it in and play around with the settings, standard walk up shot with GSP enabled seems to max out the pressure, shots were way too fast. Easy enough to use the dial to set maximum shot pressure and pull the handle without having to auto/manual profile which is nice.

Steam to me is excellent, noticeably easier than the Domobar Jr and better texturing after only 2 attempts. May just be my skill level, however I'm impressed. I dont think people will be diasppointed with it. Comes with 2 and 3 hole tips, only tried the 2 tip so far.

There was what seemed like excessive vibration noise as the pump ramps up but I suspect it is tubing/cabling inside the case that may need some damping with rubber? Not really my strong suit - this may have been what someone mentioned in the other thread about Auspresso making it even quieter than stock. Once pressure comes up to 9 bar this noise disappears, what remains is the quiet whine of the pump. Edit: I should note I live in Darwin so its just spent a week inside a roadtrain. Very well packed however I'm sure it wasnt ideal for it. This may explain the noise, I am sure Jetblack checked it over properly prior to sending.

edit 2: i nipped up all the screws holding the case on and that seems to have vastly reduced the noises. Gee its a quiet machine, no more vbm jr vibe pump sounds. Quite strange what you get used to.

A lot of take in and muck around with re profiling, Ill try to give some updates down the track. It looks great and very happy so far.
                Last edited by alexcs; 5 June 2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Some quick pics, bit of a temporary setup at the moment.

Comment

Beautiful setup Alex...

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal its a beauty, been enjoying it today.

I gotta be honest Ive been having trouble dialling the coffee in for normal 9-10bar extractions, it seems to overpower and run.

Went from around grind setting 12-13 on the Niche with the Domobar Jr, still heading down past 8 with the Crem and not totally satisfied. It could be my distribution etc, will keep working on it.

I just played around with the export/import profiles, a little bit of manual work per DaveC's review - I used notepad to edit a couple of low pressure preinfusion recipes, around 50mls at 1.2bar, then slow ramp to 9 bar, 160ml total (there is around 120ml headspace) 20gms to 40ml out in 36 seconds. Decent result, some tiger striping. Also made a 6bar max version of this, will try it out tomorrow.

The angled stainless is a brilliant idea, you can watch naked pours easily.

I feel like this will be a long but rewarding journey, the ability to program 4ml intervals to a max of 60 intervals - 240ml (~120ml actual out) and range pressure from 1.2-10bar for each step is a big change for me from pull the handle and go. I think the manual shot will be great to play with once I can get beans dialed in properly.

Firmware updates don't appear to be available on the web, have to source via distributor. Max steam boiler temp can be set to 125C which is probably over 1.2bar, the steam performance is fine, need to work on technique I think yesterday was a fluke. I noticed DaveC had the steam set to 105C in a lot of his videos, I don't have any experience with altering steam temps but it'll be interesting to play around with.

It some ways I am early to this machine, I think it will be interesting to see if enough people buy it to share recipes etc. I don't have any experience with other profiling machines, I don't think this will satisfy people who want Decent levels of analysis/control, but it will probably appeal to people like me who want to retain a classic look and have DB PID, genuine non plumbed preinfusion, and repeatable volume based profiling. It is definitely impressively quiet, with this and the niche it has transformed the morning ritual into something a bit more relaxed and zen.

Time will tell on reliability etc but its built well as far as I can see, internals appeared consistent with DaveC's youtube chan. In terms of size, I honestly don't feel this is much bigger than the domobar jr. its 7cm wider minus the rotary dial, but the design makes it look less monolithic and seems shallower. I think if you have concerns about how big is it, you'll be pleasantly surprised, I am chuffed on how it looks on the bench, quite unassuming. I will likely plump for the ECM Manufacture PF's, they look like they suit the machine well, probably more than wood.

Comment

If I was in the market for a new machine, this one would definitely sit high up on my short-list...

Mal.

Comment

Anyone in Melbourne selling them?

Comment

• Caffeinator
                            Caffeinator commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Google "Crem One Melbourne" and you will find some.
                        Working...
                        X