Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoggy42
    replied
    Time for an update of the Diamond Italia, It took a while to get sorted mostly because I got slack and didn't order the part I needed so I picked up the new pressure-stat 3 way valve along with a box of old parts and fittings which made it possible to sort out some of the issues with this machine the shame of it is over the years it looks to have been patched up with half meassures. I ended up changing the way the boiler fill fitting was setup, adding a pipe between the pressure-stat and boiler as per the original layout differn't pipe but same idea. Everything was cleaned boiler removed and descaled.... Once it was back together that's when the fun started, the last owner of this machine told me he was still using it as it was with a bit of a water leak even sent me a video of it working I expect the coffee was pretty crap.

Once I got it up and running I tried to test the brew pressure I hadn't paid any attention to the rest of the machine before this leaking badly I wonder why?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Diamondfinish (4).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	753367
    New seal fitted next problem 2 bar pressure try to adjust the OPV it's jammed and now destroyed trying to get it to move again.

Name:	Diamondfinish (3).jpg
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	753368
    All good I had another OPV sitting around from the box of bits 10 bar sorted.

Name:	Diamondfinish (1).jpg
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	753369Click image for larger version

Name:	Diamondfinish (5).jpg
Size:	443.3 KB
ID:	753370
    And for good measure here's a couple more photos of the inside and outside on completion. There is one other issue with this machine and that is the hot water tap is completely seized and due to the businesses closing and the crazy times right now I've not been able to get one right away.

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoggy42 View Post
    Cool I shared those photos and a few more with a friend of mine in NZ who is a qualified electrician
    A few photos does NOT constitute an inspection by a licensed electrician...

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• Hoggy42
    replied
    Cool I shared those photos and a few more with a friend of mine in NZ who is a qualified electrician and applience technician. His response was of not nearly the level of concern a couple of things to tidy up but no biggie.

Does anyone know know where that 3 way valve with P-stat can be acquired in Australia?

Leave a comment:

• Caffeinator
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoggy42 View Post
    I presume you are talking about the fantastic job on the P-stat? Or the insulators on the element?
    Yeah- Like everything I can see which has a wire connected to it is dangerous. If a tech has been inside it and let it go out like that, find another tech who knows what he/she's doing before someone gets a free perm- or worse.

100% with Mal. Find someone who knows what they're actually doing and have it made safe.

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied
    Would highly recommend that you engage the services of a licensed sparky to inspect and certify the electrics before putting all the covers back on for the last time - Got to be safe...

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• Hoggy42
    replied
    Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
    The state of that wiring has death trap written all over it.
    I presume you are talking about the fantastic job on the P-stat? Or the insulators on the element?

Leave a comment:

• Caffeinator
    replied
    The state of that wiring has death trap written all over it.

Leave a comment:

• kofekitt
    replied
    Those are pretty notorious for leaks from the boiler fill fitting, and also the three way fitting after the pump, they also use a special pstat, as you say with antivac and safety included, but also an extra outlet to the boiler pressure gauge;
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Hoggy42
    started a topic Diamond Italia/Cuadra Repair little help with this one

Diamond Italia/Cuadra Repair little help with this one

Hi Snob's I've been in a buying and repairing sort of cycle, I've bought this Diamond Italia but it's a little different on the inside then I was expecting I'm hoping some of you have seen this machine before. The last owner had said it was leaking and his tech had serviced the machine a few times before and it sounds like he'd given up on it he did send me a video of it making a shot while it was leaking. Looking at it it's going to be a boiler out job just to clean it up and sort the obvious leaks, is what has me stumped is not being able to see a safety valve or and anti-vac valve, I'm guessing they are somehow tied up with the unit under the pressure-stat? which seems to be loose under the pressure-stat (It's tight). The other obvious leak is from the blue T-Connector which was just pushed together.

Name:	Diamond (1).jpg
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	763690Click image for larger version

Name:	Diamond (3).jpg
Size:	384.5 KB
ID:	763691Click image for larger version

Name:	Diamond (4).jpg
Size:	386.7 KB