Bezzera Galaea Domus Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera Galaea Domus Issue

My Bezzera Galatea Domus is not brewing coffee. When I lift the brewing coffee lever it makes a dull sound and very little if any water comes through to brew the coffee. This is with or without the filter holder. The milk steamer is still working. When I power the machine up I hear a dull click inside the machine.
    I feel obviously it is something inside the machine so was wondering if anyone had a diagram of the inside of the machine. My husband builds car engines as a hobby and also RC aeroplane engines so feels confident enough to investigate. We can take it to a technician but it is a 2 hour drive away.
    I look forward to some assistance.

gr82luvcoffee,
    Good morning,hope you’re equipped with an alternative coffee source!
    May I suggest you check whether your machine will pump water via the wand?
    This is just to confirm your pump is correctly operating,I don’t own your model
    Bezzera however, most machines will deliver water other then from the brew group.
    If no water available, your pump may have blocked/ failed.
    If upon successfully delivering water, something simple such as a failed switch (as below).

Always extreme caution when delving into 240 volt appliances..even when switched off as
    there may be stored power in capacitors.

Hear from you soon.
    cheers,
    mick.
    Last edited by mulquemi; 21 February 2020, 08:56 AM. Reason: one more thing!

Comment

Could be dead leva microswitch, dead pump or dead control board.

Sadly, no engine inside a coffee machine, so if your partner is not proficient around 230V it's technician time.

You should be having your machine serviced every couple of years anyway. GL with the repair.

Comment

Originally posted by mulquemi View Post
        gr82luvcoffee,
        Good morning,hope you’re equipped with an alternative coffee source!
        May I suggest you check whether your machine will pump water via the wand?
        This is just to confirm your pump is correctly operating,I don’t own your model
        Bezzera however, most machines will deliver water other then from the brew group.
        If no water available, your pump may have blocked/ failed.

If upon successfully delivering water, something simple such as a failed switch (as below).

Always extreme caution when delving into 240 volt appliances..even when switched off as
        there may be stored power in capacitors.

Hear from you soon.
        cheers,
        mick.
        Thank you I do have my old faithful Sunbeam for such occasions. The machine still pumps water from the hot water nozzle.
        Plus the group head is still heats up.

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
          Could be dead leva microswitch, dead pump or dead control board.

Sadly, no engine inside a coffee machine, so if your partner is not proficient around 230V it's technician time.

You should be having your machine serviced every couple of years anyway. GL with the repair.
          Thank you. I have my machine servicde every few years however this time I would like to see if my husband can repair. We live in a regional area so it is not an easy feat getting it to and from a technician.

Comment

Hello again,
            Sounds like it's something simple, perhaps the solenoid/ valve which controls the water to the brew group, especially as you have hot group assembly.
            So the switch that would activate the solenoid (associated with the lever activation) ,less likely is the solenoid, they are usually bomb proof (mostly).
            How regional are you people, I'm up here in the North East of Victoria.
            Cheers,
            Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by mulquemi View Post
              Hello again,
              Sounds like it's something simple, perhaps the solenoid/ valve which controls the water to the brew group, especially as you have hot group assembly.
              So the switch that would activate the solenoid (associated with the lever activation) ,less likely is the solenoid, they are usually bomb proof (mostly).
              How regional are you people, I'm up here in the North East of Victoria.
              Cheers,
              Mick.
              Thanks my husband thought of solenoid. We are Northern NSW in Byron shire. The last time we had it serviced the company are in Brisbane. We live 2 hours south. I am waiting to see if anyone has a diagram of the insides of the machine so my husband can get an idea of whats what inside.

Comment

Have a look at this link Gr8, it includes a wiring diagram. https://wiki.wholelattelove.com/Bezzera_Galatea_Domus/diagrams_and_manuals

I also have a Domus Galatea, good machines, however like all machinery they can fail, to be honest, my feeling is, a trip to a good repairer would be a wise move.

Comment

Hi gr82luvcoffee, You could always try Mullumbimby Power Tools. They repair just about anything and the prices are very reasonable. I had my Ditting shop grinder repaired there. He does quite a few coffee machine repairs.

Comment

Probably best to use the Parts Manual available from the Oz importer to ensure you get the correct components if needed...
                    https://barazicoffeemachines.com.au/...905f5515e.html
                    https://barazicoffeemachines.com.au/...-drawings.html

Mal.

Comment

User's manual, parts manual, and electrical diagram are now available locally: https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...l-diagram.html

Java "More documentation goodness" phile
                      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BangalowBarista View Post
                        Hi gr82luvcoffee, You could always try Mullumbimby Power Tools. They repair just about anything and the prices are very reasonable. I had my Ditting shop grinder repaired there. He does quite a few coffee machine repairs.
                        He has moved. Plus we have used him for power tools and other things and were not happy.

Comment

Thanks all for assistance. I have found a parts diagram on this site and printed up the applicable pages. I really think my husband will be able to locate the issue once he sights this information. He has great abilities when it comes to fixing things. He has fixed my Bernina sewing machine and Philips Steam generated iron. I will keep you all posted as to the outcome.

Comment

Good luck.

Please keep us informed of the outcome, may well help another member some time in the future.

Comment

• gr82luvcoffee
                              gr82luvcoffee commented
                              Editing a comment
                              So here I am after nearly 5 months. I got sick of waiting for my husband to look at our machine. I managed to find a very competent and reasonably priced person to repair. It turns out it was a blockage of the group head and shower. I recommend Stuart from Coffeetech Byron Bay 0407 395 263. After 5 months of using my 17 year old Sunbeam, which incidentally still makes a good coffee, I am back on track with my Bezerra. Yeehow

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                            Good luck.

Please keep us informed of the outcome, may well help another member some time in the future.

Yes will do. My husband has looked at the diagrams and he is confident he can locate the issue. He knows all about working with 240 volt appliances. Just needs to find the time now.

Comment

Working...
                            X