Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Coffee machine + grinder for a beginner

Hi Everyone,

I would love your opinion on what coffee machines you would recommend around the $2k price range?
    And also a good grinder, I hear it is all about the grinder

Kind Regards,

A few questions to point us in the right direction:
    Is the $2k budget including the grinder or is the grinder extra?
    How many of what type of coffees a day will you be making?
    Where abouts are you located?
    Will you only be making espresso or using the grinder to make other types of coffee as well?
    Will you be using the same beans all the time or regularly switching back and forth with different beans?

Comment

Hey!!

Thanks for the great questions

- The $2K budget is just for the coffee machine. Grinder will be extra.
      - Making roughly 2-5 latte's a day, combination of single and double shot. The machine is just for at home
      - Located in Melbourne
      - Just making espresso coffees
      - Most likely switching between beans, as we haven't found one we really like. If you have any suggestions on beans, I am all ears

Comment

Originally posted by HannahBanana View Post
        Hey!!

Thanks for the great questions

- The $2K budget is just for the coffee machine. Grinder will be extra.
        - Making roughly 2-5 latte's a day, combination of single and double shot. The machine is just for at home
        - Located in Melbourne
        - Just making espresso coffees
        - Most likely switching between beans, as we haven't found one we really like. If you have any suggestions on beans, I am all ears

"Talk Coffee" - Northcote! Great range of equipment and roast their own beans. Factoryette - You'll have to book an appointment

Shed Shandy as and all round rich and full bodied bean.

Niche grinder ~$1,200. You won't regret it. many are selling lots of other grinders to move to this. Again Talk Coffee.Single dosing grinder at a price humans can afford. Recommended and used by many of the gurus.

Espresso machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Meggs8 View Post
          "Talk Coffee" - Northcote! Great range of equipment and roast their own beans. Factoryette - You'll have to book an appointment

Shed Shandy as and all round rich and full bodied bean.

Niche grinder ~$1,200. You won't regret it. many are selling lots of other grinders to move to this. Again Talk Coffee.Single dosing grinder at a price humans can afford. Recommended and used by many of the gurus.

Espresso machine?

Hey Meggs8,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out.

Apologies, I blame pregnancy brain - i meant to write we will be making Latte's

Thanks!

Comment

Your best bet is to see a local site sponsor in person and get hands on with a few machines. There is a list of sponsor links at the bottom of every page. I know Casa Espresso, Cafe-A-Roma, and The Beanery all have Melbourne stores.

As for machines you could think about CIME 01, Bezzera BZ10, Nuova Simonelli Musica, Lelit Elizabeth PL92T...

Grinders: if you're serious about switching beans back and forth regularly a single dosing grinder would be ideal. I have a Niche Zero and love it for the lack of retention so I can change between coffee beans and even styles of brewing without wasting coffee beans. If you're going to stick with one bean once you find one you like you'll probably be better off with a hopper grinder. You could look at Eureka Atom 65 or Silenzio series, Macap M2 or M4 series, Compak K3 or E5 series...

Comment

If you don't mind near new bargains, check this out https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...-new-post.html

Comment

Working...
              X