Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Technika IV profi water tank issue

Good morning all
    Having a water tank issue with the machine.
    Currently working from home and machine out of action.
    All work and No coffee make homer something something 🙂
    I had an ant problem in between the water tank and boiler, so took the tank out to clean it all up.
    I am having zero luck with screwing the tank back Down. It was the first time I've needed to take the tank out and it seems like the thread on the screw simply isn't long enough to screw down (I know that it is, I took it out so it has to go back)
    I would love any advice in how to locate the hole/screw into the machine. I know it shouldn't be as hard as I'm making it!!
    Attached Files

Take the cover off and hold the bottom of connector up.

I don't have this machine or know the connector. But I would thing the female end had dropped down so the threads don't pick it up now

Comment

It should not need to be taken out to remove the tank.
      It’s a valve that should press in without needing to unscrew it.
      Try removing the remaining part in the machine, then screw it back

Comment

Ah yes.. that spring will be the no-drip ball valve in bottom of tank.

Comment

Just to make sure I'm on the same page.
          I unscrew the white plastic square section from in the machine, then connect the silver connector and this together on either side of the tank then drop the tank back in all as one piece.
          Cheers all. Shannon.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds about right.
            Before you unscrewed the valve the tank would have just lifted out. No need to unscrew anything

So, if you have trouble getting the half still in the machine, you may be able to remove the section still in the tank.
            Then screw to intothe part in the machine, remove and refit into the tank

Comment

...so as often happens late on a Sunday, things did not go to plan! Unscrewed the bottom section from the machine - turns out it was holding the valve in place. It drops through into the casing of the machine and luckily I saw the funny side to the fact I am now knee deep in taking the casing off to find said piece and reconnect everything back up!! Haven't had a chance to complete this due to work, but getting the casing off this sucker is a big job with limited tools. Will keep you updated for further shenanigans and moments of "I wish I'd thought that through more first"

Comment

You will be able to get the rest of the ant bodies out though!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone.
                  So....still having some issues unfortunately. I've taken the cover off and been able to reattach the bottom of the valve back into its correct position which is great.
                  The issue I'm having is it still seems impossible to screw the tank down once it's all back together.
                  I've been on line and it seems to confirm what others have said here - that it may not need to be screwed in and that the tank should just lift out for cleaning etc.
                  The thing is though it just doesn't feel right when I set it up this way. It does not seem as though there would be any type of water seal unless the top half of the valve is screwed into the bottom half effectively clamping the tank between the two halves of the valve and creating a watertight seal.
                  I have attached some photos to try and explain how it is set up and what it should look like but in the final pic I am holding the stainless piece as it will not stay by itself.
                  I think I am missing something simple here but unsure what. If there are any technika owners out there who can shed some light on this I would be very grateful. Now that I'm working from home full time, having my machine mock me all day every day is getting hard to bear!! 😁
                  Thanks brains trust. Shannon.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It should pull out.
                    The fitting screws together on bottom of tank. Then the tank drops in. Here is a pic of the tank connector:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200404-111655.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	753395
                    The bit with the oring hangs out bottom of tank, and drops into female part of connector that is fixed inside machine.
                    The White square is either the bottom of tank seal, or maybe a spacer/support so the tank is not fully sitting on the connector.

Comment

Name:	Screenshot_20200404-114054.jpg
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	753396 it
                      From Clive coffee website. This is the bit that should be left in the machine

Comment

So, get rid of the spring for a minute. Put the tank aside also. Take the Ali fitting from inside the tank, and screw it into the socket on the machine.
                        Then pull on the fitting to remove the bit that is it the stuck in the connector on the machine.
                        Then reassemble the removed part with the tank and spring included.
                        The oring may be a bit tight and it might need some food grade lube to make future removal easier.

Comment

From jet-black website:

Name:	Screenshot_20200404-115115.jpg
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	753397

Comment

Preliminary success!!!!
                            Thanks to jackster here and another fellow member who pm'd me with very helpful pics and advice.
                            The bottom half of the connector had dropped too far into the plastic surround. For someone who had never seen how the tank should be removed it looked like it was meant to be there.
                            Have now screwed the 2 sections together and popped the whole lot out so I can reconnect it correctly.
                            Earlier posts now make total sense!!
                            Down side - the upper red washer that I've been storing safely in a glass for nearly a week with the rest of the parts is currently MIA ��
                            MY 2 cats are looking increasingly guilty at this point.
                            I'm soooo close yet so far!

Thankyou all for your help during this. Much appreciated. Shannon.

Comment

Working...
                            X