Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roosterben
    replied
    What about the new Lelit Mara X PL62X, not out in Australia but listing as $1300 USD so if you can find it in Canada should be within your budget, super compact HX machine with a PID. Also not sure if you can get the Bezzera machines in Canada but the BZ10 machine also has a small footprint.

The Silvia Pro has been discussed here a bit and general feeling it is will be overpriced for the specs/features compared to other dual boilers.

Leave a comment:

• dusterio
    replied
    Originally posted by parmtree View Post
    I'm looking for something in the $1800-$2500 CAD range. I mainly make lattes and americano's, in low volumes (max 4 drinks/day).
    That's 2800 AUD - you have lots of choice within this bucket! Especially if you are considering second hand/demo units as well

Since espresso machine is only 25% of the "success" and all expensive machines will have similarly great performance, I think maybe it's reasonable to choose based
    on dimensions and design? And both of these factors are subjective meaning nobody can give you an advice really

If I were you, I would just go to a massive coffee machine shop/warehouse, browse and see if something just resonates with you

PS. I'm not sure if double boiler is a reasonable choice for domestic use with 4 drinks a day. Isn't that overkill?

Leave a comment:

• A wee bit of support to guide me on buying my next espresso machine

Hi all. Just joined this group officially today, after visiting quite often over the last few months.

Like a number of people that are relatively new to the coffee journey, and on this site, I find myself consumed by coffee. I purchased a Breville Bambino and a Breville Smart Grinder last year to get a feel for things, and couldn't believe what I've been missing out on over the years.

Each day now, I make for my partner and I a latte and an americano, and each time I stand in from of my equipment, I just love the process, the detail, the quest for consistency, and the smell and colour of the espresso as I pull a shot.

I've been putting money aside over the last few months too, knowing that I want something more. I've already purchased a Niche Zero grinder, partly because people seem to love it, but moreso because I love the way it looks and how it performs.

I'm looking for something in the $1800-$2500 CAD range. I mainly make lattes and americano's, in low volumes (max 4 drinks/day). I prefer a smaller footprint, with a more simple, not industrial, design. Feels like I'm on the path to a double boiler (but I really don't know). I feel drawn to the Rancilio Silvia Pro that's coming out later this year (who knows now. It has a lot of history, is simple, and has a double boiler. Problem is it may be out of my price range too, as that has yet to be determined.

I wondering if people have any thoughts they could share, or recommendations for me as I look to make this big purchase. I wondering if people think it's silly to wait for the Rancilio, when there's a more obvious, smarter choice (ex. Lelit Elizabeth PL92T/Profitec Pro 300) consider my needs I've described above.

Anyway, would appreciate your thoughts.
Working...
X