Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera bz10

Hey there

just a quick question. I’ve read all reviews but somehow have potentially missed what I’m after.

the bezzera bz10. Does it have a stainless steel boiler or a copper one?

thanks in advance

matthew

Quote: "The boiler itself has a 1.5-liter capacity and is nickel-plated copper, where most other machines on the market today use aluminum boilers, lined with stainless steel."

Even got some pictures
    Last edited by Javaphile; 3 April 2020, 04:56 PM. Reason: Link removed - Click-bait

Comment

It's also a Click-bait site.

Java "Link removed" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dusterio View Post
        Quote: "The boiler itself has a 1.5-liter capacity and is nickel-plated copper, where most other machines on the market today use aluminum boilers, lined with stainless steel."

Even got some pictures
        thanks for that. greatly appreciated

Comment

Jenkinson, worth sending an email to your retailer. A number of brands have different boilers for different markets, best to get an accurate answer. The spelling above would indicate a US site - or an Australian who can't spell.

Comment

Definitely copper in Australia

https://www.casaespresso.com.au/bezzera-bz10.html

Cheers

Antony
            www.casaespresso.com.au

Comment

Rather than start a new thread - I may have read somewhere that the new BZ10s come with a lower 9bar OPV setting down from the previous 12-13 - is this true, or do new machines require modification still??

THanks

Comment

Originally posted by hm520 View Post
                Rather than start a new thread - I may have read somewhere that the new BZ10s come with a lower 9bar OPV setting down from the previous 12-13 - is this true, or do new machines require modification still??

THanks
                Hello HM

No the OPV hasnt been changed. Same one as all ways.

When you buy a machine it should be bench tested and the OPV adjusted as necessary. Additionally, as with most vibe pump machines, what you see on the gauge is not what you get at the group head in terms of pressure.

Buy from a reputable re seller (not a box shipper) and they will set the OPV to the correct level

Cheers

Antony
                www.casaespresso.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by hm520 View Post

THanks
                  A BZ10 that I ordered from the importer recently was running about 12 bar at the group. To adjust the OPV requires the removal of the entire outer body, not a great design.

Make sure whoever you get it from demonstrates the machine for you or can guarantee that they have tested and adjusted it as required. If the machine is in the original box with the packing straps still around it, chances are it hasn't been tested.

Comment

Thats disappointing Noidle,

We see OPV settings out of the factory too high far too often. They need to be bench tested and set here.

Cheers

Antony

Comment

Sad to see.

When people seek out the lowest possible price and then squeeze nuts even harder, they'll generally get what they pay for: zero service.

It's a lesson not to purchase from a box seller and for the purchaser to place some value in the relationship and service provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Casa Espresso View Post
                        Thats disappointing Noidle,
                        I guess so but it's not too much of a concern. I bench every machine anyway and expect to have to do something to them.

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
                        It's a lesson not to purchase from a box seller and for the purchaser to place some value in the relationship and service provided.
                        I had another machine come in that was brand new out of the box, purchased from a large box seller in Sydney. The customer unpacked it when they got home (350km away from Sydney), it heated up but no water from the group. When he checked the box, it was a 2016 model.
                        He contacted the company he bought it from to express disappointment that his new machine wasn't exactly "new" and wasn't working.

They contracted it to me for repair, I found a small chunk of material blocking the group solenoid. Whether this was from the manufacturing process or the machine had been sitting with water in it since 2016 in the box, I don't know.

It was a textbook example of buying something at the cheapest possible price. The customer isn't really to know any better though, if you buy something brand new in a box you expect it to work properly.

Comment

Can someone with this machine answer this for me...Just wondering if you can measure the distance from the bottom of the portafilter to the drip tray? Thanks.

Comment

Hi Hm, 120 mm. to the shoulder of a bottomless. John

Comment

Originally posted by chippy View Post
                              Hi Hm, 120 mm. to the shoulder of a bottomless. John
                              Appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X