Bezzera BZ02s overpressure/channeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera BZ02s overpressure/channeling

I have recently bought brand new old stock BZ02s. It's a great machine for the price but I suspect it's running over pressure at the brew head and causing channeling.
    I don't have a pressure gauge to confirm but despite my best efforts over 6 months and varying techniques with dose, tamp etc I can't eliminate the consistent channeling.
    I live in Wollongong and was hoping a fellow snob might have a group handle gauge that I could hire or if someone with a Livia 90 or Bezzera could instruct me about lowering the group pressure.
    Thanks

Hi there - can't help with either a pressure gauge or living in Wollongong (I was there up until 2017!). Just checking that you've checked whether a cooling flush helps with your issue? It's something I need to do with my Bezzera BZ99s and is likely to be a common issue with Bezzeras.

If you need to get someone to have a proper look at the machine I recommend site sponsor Di Bartoli who were based in Bondi when I lived in the Gong, however they're now a bit more conveniently located in Rosebery.

Comment

Yeah mate I do a cooling flush every time. I've presume I've tried everything but still have consistent channeling issues. Another thing is my machine makes a high pitched rattle/squeal when pulling a shot.

Comment

Fair enough - you might be able to purchase a pressure gauge that screws into your portafilter, otherwise it might be worth getting a professional set up as inconvenient as that may be. Good luck!

Comment

Sam, this thread might be just what you need in terms of a gauge

https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...auge-road.html

Comment

Working...
          X