Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azkoyen Vienna help needed - adjust boiler pressure

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Azkoyen Vienna help needed - adjust boiler pressure

    Assistance sorely needed from Azkoyen experts, these are such great machines but I'm just stuck at the moment.
    I have a two group Azkoyen Vienna that's working great except for low temperature at the groups. I can only get a max of about 88C during extraction.

    I've worked on Azkoyens in the past and there's usually been a small potentiometer on the control board that you adjust to change the boiler pressure. For the life of me I can't see any sort of adjustment on either of the circuit boards in this machine. I've attached some photos.

    The white connector on the bottom left of the board with the thin black wires is the temperature sensor in the boiler. The front two pins are connected together by a jumper wire, is there perhaps something to be done with it to make an adjustment? Or perhaps is there a resistor that should be changed somewhere for a lower or higher value to give a different response from the sensor, thus a change in boiler pressure?
    I thought it may have an adjustment that can be made through the control panel as the machine has a screen, couldn't find anything related to this in the setup manual but maybe there's a hidden service menu?

    The other photo shows a small red flashing LED that's always flashing when the machine is powered on. This does not change in intensity or frequency when the elements are on or not. Can't see any sort of adjustment around it either.

    The circuit board to the left is power supply to the machine components, there is nothing to adjust on there at all that I can see.

    If anyone has worked on one of these before or can advise what I can try I'd appreciate it.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200409_121306.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	824198
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200409_121317.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	824201

    Attached Files

  • #2
    The dual boards and display make it a Vienna model A - most Viennas you come across would be the model E, as that was what Michels and Gloria Jeans used. I think the model A was also a fair bit pricier, so fewer were sold.
    There is no potentiometer adjustment on either board - the temperature setting is done via software. I will have to go hunt around in the van and see if I still have a copy of the manual, as the last time I worked on a model A was probably 5 years ago.

    Comment


    • #3
      Found it!

      You use the very left touchpad, and then the other touchpads.

      On very left pad press/hold button 2 ($) until display changes to reading eg. 12345
      Press $ button twice more and display changes to 00000
      Press button 4 (clock) once

      On left group touchpad press button 4, on next touchpad press button 4 - display changes to INT.03
      On very left touchpad press $ again until you reach no.8 (temperature mode)
      On very left touchpad press button 2 (arrow) to scroll through to desired temperature setting
      Once setting is correct press $ button again to save program and keep pressing until display returns to clock.

      Comment


      • #4
        Legend, thanks so much. I'll be back at the machine Tuesday so will give it a try.

        It's a shame Azkoyen aren't around anymore in the commercial machine industry, their machines are great. This Vienna has so many nice features on it.
        I'll have to cross my fingers the electronics don't fail on it, particularly if it's a rarer model. I bet electronic parts are near impossible to find for them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
          I'll have to cross my fingers the electronics don't fail on it, particularly if it's a rarer model. I bet electronic parts are near impossible to find for them.
          Yep, electronics are near impossible to find for them. We scrapped probably 20 Viennas last year simply because we had stripped them all of control boards to fix other machines. We managed to source a box full of Model E control boards from another repairer, but it turned out they were probably failed secondhand boards, as non of them worked. We had retained one complete, working example of both variants with the idea of using them to test all the secondhand boards we found (including a couple of sets of Model A boards) but ended up scrapping them due to lack of spare time to do the testing.

          Comment

          Working...
          X