Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isomac Pro Dual Boiler PID?

Hi All,

I am thinking of upgrading machines. I have a Diadema Unico Splendor which is a lovely well built machine but as a novice i have found it hard getting the cooling flush side of things right. I dont mind persisting but i also have a coule of people that would like to use the machine everynow and then so want to make it as easy as possible. Plumbing in would also be nice.

I hadnt really bother with looking for an upgrade so early but i have been offered a Isomac Pro Dual Boiler PID that has only been used a couple of times for $1800 (new around $3500). I cant find much on the Isomacs to know whether this is a bargain i should jump on. I dont actually need a dual boiler since i am never in a rush to need to steam and pull a shot at the same time but again if it is a bargain i should jump on then why not?

I do actually like the look of the Expobar Crem one 1b PID and like the gadgets it has for the price (e.g smart tray) and had actually pictured me upgrading to that down the track at some stage.

Does anyone have any experience with Isomac or particularly the Dual boiler. If not should i just jump on the deal if i am looking for a easier to control machine that will last for years or just sit on the splendor and look at a Crem One down the track seeing as though the Isomac is $1800 and the Crem one would be $1k more? I figure the Splendor is a machine that i shoul dbe able to sell for above $1k anyway so not an expensive upgrade when all is said and done.

Any help would be great.

Why not just have your Diadema fiitted with a restrictor and calibrated?

Comment

How much would something like that cost and is it as consistent as a PID would be?

Comment

Originally posted by worthy1 View Post
        How much would something like that cost and is it as consistent as a PID would be?
        Perhaps an hour or so of labour for a competent tech. A PID on a HX is pretty much a gimmick. If you want real temperature control, you will need to set your sights on dual boiler.

Comment

Thanks, that's the machine I am asking about. It is a Dual Boiler PID. I figure a new machine for $1800 is a good deal for a dual boiler PID machine. Just cant find out much info on Isomac machines but these ones are fairly new and I guess if people are drawn to other machines it may not get the chance to get out there as much and get some reviews.

Comment

Thanks, that's the machine I am asking about. It is a Dual Boiler PID. I figure a new machine for $1800 is a good deal for a dual boiler PID machine. Just cant find out much info on Isomac machines but these ones are fairly new and I guess if people are drawn to other machines it may not get the chance to get out there as much and get some reviews.
            Not for $1800 it's not- unless you're planning on buying a stolen one in a dodgy pub and in today's environment, that's not gonna happen.

Their dual boiler is more like $3.7k. I'd bet you're looking at the Isomac Tea Due PID. It's a heat exchanger machine and won't do a zac better than the higher quality HX you already have. The PID merely takes the place of the pressurestat.

Get yours souped up if you have money to burn, but you'd purchasing placebo effect.

I refer you back to my earlier comments.

Comment

Hi Worthy1,

FIrstly I have an Isomac Tea II which I find to be an excellent machine I'm not really sure why some people don't rate the brand well. Like the other HX machines out there it used to need a cooling flush to sort things out however as Caffeinator mentioned having a restrictor fitted would no doubt sort this out it did for me the part is not expensive and it really shouldn't take a tech very long to get one fitted for you. As an added bonus you should also be able to crank up the boiler pressure to say 1.5bar giving you better steam while you are at it.

All that being said if you are able to buy a Dual Boiler PID Isomac for $1800 Please PM the link to me I wouldn't mind that upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post

Not for $1800 it's not- unless you're planning on buying a stolen one in a dodgy pub and in today's environment, that's not gonna happen.

Their dual boiler is more like $3.7k. I'd bet you're looking at the Isomac Tea Due PID. It's a heat exchanger machine and won't do a zac better than the higher quality HX you already have. The PID merely takes the place of the pressurestat.

Get yours souped up if you have money to burn, but you'd purchasing placebo effect.

I refer you back to my earlier comments.
                Like i said it had been used a couple of times, so not brand new. I picked it up this morning and they accepted the original $1700 i offered. They were a lovelly couple that received it as a gift for their office and unfortunately due to the virus situation were shutting everything down and essentially having a 'fire sale' on things. What was great is they also chucked in a Water filter for plumbing it in to, was just looking at them the evening before for a couple of hundred.

Am very impressed with it and already notice the difference from the Diadema, got to experience how hot a 93 degree shot was and i now realise i definitely wasnt getting the temp right before.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggy42 View Post
                  Hi Worthy1,

FIrstly I have an Isomac Tea II which I find to be an excellent machine I'm not really sure why some people don't rate the brand well. Like the other HX machines out there it used to need a cooling flush to sort things out however as Caffeinator mentioned having a restrictor fitted would no doubt sort this out it did for me the part is not expensive and it really shouldn't take a tech very long to get one fitted for you. As an added bonus you should also be able to crank up the boiler pressure to say 1.5bar giving you better steam while you are at it.

All that being said if you are able to buy a Dual Boiler PID Isomac for $1800 Please PM the link to me I wouldn't mind that upgrade.
                  Yes, i was hesitant at first because i could only find info on the Tea's but after speaking to a shop that sells them they highly recomended them and didnt try to push me towards another brand. For $1800 ($1700 in the end) it was worth a shot. They had it for $2k so was able to negotiate down. It was a used unit (only used a couple of times) so no link to provide other then the now expired gumtree ad unfortunately - Link removed as per Site Posting Policy

There is another one for $2500 Link removed as per Site Posting Policy that comes with a Mazzer Mini. Potentially get them to split them and get the machine cheaper or even sell that and get the machine for $2k or under. I didnt bother looking at that one since id imagine it is a bit more used and was a higher price then i was negotiating mine for.
                  Last edited by Javaphile; 19 April 2020, 05:51 PM. Reason: Gumtree link removed

Comment

Yes, i was hesitant at first because i could only find info on the Tea's but after speaking to a shop that sells them they highly recomended them and didnt try to push me towards another brand. For $1800 ($1700 in the end) it was worth a shot. They had it for $2k so was able to negotiate down. It was a used unit (only used a couple of times) so no link to provide other then the now expired gumtree ad unfortunately - Link removed as per Site Posting Policy

There is another one for $2500 (Link removed as per Site Posting Policy) that comes with a Mazzer Mini. Potentially get them to split them and get the machine cheaper or even sell that and get the machine for $2k or under. I didnt bother looking at that one since id imagine it is a bit more used and was a higher price then i was negotiating mine for.
                    It would have been too far away for me anyway... Besides I already have plenty of toys I missed out on a broken one like you bought it was for sale for $800 with leaks. Anyway, for $1700 I think you have yourself a bargain which if you sold would probably turn a profit. As I mentioned in my earlier post I think the Isomac's are well built and have some good little features and even if there are a couple of niggles that can be fixed with better gaskets and the likes that's no issue. Congratulations on your purchase I'm sure you will enjoy it.
                    Last edited by Javaphile; 19 April 2020, 05:52 PM. Reason: Gumtree link removed

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggy42 View Post

It would have been too far away for me anyway... Besides I already have plenty of toys I missed out on a broken one like you bought it was for sale for $800 with leaks. Anyway, for $1700 I think you have yourself a bargain which if you sold would probably turn a profit. As I mentioned in my earlier post I think the Isomac's are well built and have some good little features and even if there are a couple of niggles that can be fixed with better gaskets and the likes that's no issue. Congratulations on your purchase I'm sure you will enjoy it.
                      Thank you. I do like a good bargain. I managed to get my Splendor for an awesome price to and should be able to sell that one for a profit which would then make this an even cheaper machine.

I have already started pimping it out. I do vinyl wrapping so added some black like the new Crem One as i like the look. Not sure it will stay but a quick play around for now. Will protect the main panels with a clear paint protection film to stop scratching.

Probably my only bug bear so far is the drip tray isnt deep enough so you can get a bit of splash onto the counter when flushing.

Comment

Working...
                      X