Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Giotto (2009) Leaking Group

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice and recommendations on our Rocket Giotto.

It's about 11 years old and hasn't been serviced in approx 5 years (but descaled regularly).

After heating in the morning for our morning caffeine hits, we've noticed that it takes some time (5-15 seconds) before the water comes out of the screen, and only steam comes out, and when it does, it does it tends to spit the water from the screen. In addition to this it does appear to drip water from the drain valve, as the tray gets full quite quickly.

After some googling, I found the following post on another site which appears to be the same issue.

https://www.home-barista.com/espress...ly-t12391.html

I'm assuming that it may be the "upper valve gasket", but would appreciate any feedback / experience from this forum. In addition, the lever has about 10 degrees of play in it, as I'm assuming the cam on the cam rod is worn.

Looks like I will need to put a rebuilt kit through it, but want to ensure that I get the correct one, and appreciate anyones recommendations on what/where to get one from.

Cheers!

Coffee Parts have detailed Rocket diagrams available online to indentify the parts you need and they can supply them all too. 5 years since a service is a long time though, all the group and lever gaskets, seals and valves will need an inspection. Tap valves and seals should be checked too whilst at it. There are some very useful Rocket group service videos on YouTube. Good Luck.

Comment

You might have to talk to Pedro or one of the staff about an E-61 Rebuild Kit as I don't think it is listed as an item...

Mal.

Comment

• roosterben
        roosterben commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that kit is 100% perfect fit I have a 2009 Giotto Premium Plus V2 and fitted one of these a few months ago. They may have the parts separately as well so you could just make it up, I didn't end up using all the parts.

The other part you probably want to replace is the E61 cam https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/parts...group-stem-cam

• Dimal
        Dimal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I was referring to a specific Rocket Rebuild Kit, which is not listed.
        Always wary of recommending anything that isn't specific to a particular manufacturer's Group as there are differences between them, mostly to do with the valves, seats, etc which will not fit or function properly if you get it wrong...

Mal.

• TimK
        TimK commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanyou all for the feedback. Now off to ring CP, to see if they can sort me out with a rebuild kit.

In terms of the issues could it be you 2 way solenoid is sticking?

Also you probably should have a look and at least clean you anti-vac valve. These can get a bit sticky, if it is pretty much shot add one to your list.

Comment

• TimK
        TimK commented
        Editing a comment
        I resealed the vacuum breaker valve a few years ago when one of the seals stopped sealing, and would allow the machine to build pressure, and has been working fine since. I will recheck it again, when I reseal the group, which appears to be the next step based upon the feedback received.

When you say that you "resealed the vacuum breaker valve", what exactly did you do?

Comment

Time to pull the entire group and valves down and give the machine a little love after 5 years. This should have been done more like 3 times in that timeframe. Regular descale by throwing acid at metal? Did it actually need it and if so, why not address water quality instead?

Rick is your man....

Comment

Working...
        X