Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water flowing out of my pressure gauge! Carisma S1

Hi all,

Ok, bit of background, I have a Faema Carisma S1, about 2 years old and over time my pressure gauge (the needle) would not re-settle back to zero when the machine was turned off.

Every few months it would baseline at a new point on the gauge, strange i thought, but everything working fine apart from that.

Then last week, the needle in the gauge has finally done a 360 and was butted up against the underside of the gauges' stop pin!

Everything still working as normal, then i noticed some condensation after backflushing, i made a few more coffees and i then one time had water filling up in the gauge.

At this point i retired the machine to investigate and here i am.

I have the cover off, and have taken out the gauge and capillary tubing, no blockages on the tubing inlets, nylon (i'm assuming) seals seem in good condition.

I have a new gauge on order but don't I want to have the same issue again if it's not an issue with the gauges' Bourdon tube creaking/leaking.

Could it be the non-return valve needs a service/is stuck and has forced water up out the gauge? (this part https://www.cafeparts.com/Non-return.../Product/14039 )

Anything else to check or could it just be the gauge is faulty?
Working...
X