No announcement yet.

Lelit Mara x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My machine finally arrived after a lot of delays during shipping, and came with a badly rusted spot... Surely rust spots this bad is not normal...? Anyway, I have contact JetBlack Espresso, will keep everyone updated!

Comment

• Dimal
      Dimal commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the Mara-X was assembled using s/s panels and frame. Rust sounds odd...

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoeJoeJr View Post
    My machine finally arrived after a lot of delays during shipping, and came with a badly rusted spot... Surely rust spots this bad is not normal...? Anyway, I have contact JetBlack Espresso, will keep everyone updated!
    Where's the rust? I just recently got mine as well! And absolutely loving it. Heats up in under 30mins, still learning to use the steam wand I've noticed some things I'm not expecting - but I'm a first time e61 owner.

- the ramp up in pressure is very slow and smooth (awesome), and I think this means extraction times are actually better suited to 40sec ranges? Rather than standard 28-30 sec?

​​​​​​- I did a chemical backflush this morning and when releasing the pressure, the water really spurts out of the drain chamber. Is that normal? I let it get to just under 10 bars which varies from 6-9 secs of running it.

- there is a bit of water dripping from just above the drip tray, not from the drain chamber. But I can't tell what hole it's coming from, an OPV?

- I read I can freshen up the boiler by using the hot water tap. In turn, reducing accumulation of limescale.. Is that right?

- separately, I just cleaned out my eureka silenzio and boy were the screws hard to remove....
    Last edited by chillipaste; 5 September 2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Oh and my shots tend to pull at 10 bars instead of 9 bars...they look and taste good though.

Comment

Ordered, long wait till late November, but also got a PL71 to use with my Kate till then

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoeJoeJr View Post
          Update on my saga - rust spot was at the corner of the machine by the leg where the water catchment tray is. Likely cause due to small amounts of water pooling after JetBlack tested the machines at the corner. The workshop guys took me through how to clean it up (just a bit of vinegar and some elbow grease with a toothbrush) and came up a treat! The guys also looked after me on some accessories too! First time purchasing from JetBlack, and they have just gotten themselves a life-long customer! The customer service is second to none! The machine is absolutely amazing - makes amazing shot full of crema, consistent every time too!

Comment

I am really liking the sounds of this Mara X.
            I'm getting excited... decided to upgrade from my trusty old BDB which I think has begun to fail as the pressure guage builds up super slowly after I can already hear the OPV chirping, and same with backflushing using a blind filter, the pressure builds up very slow and is still slowly dropping after I remove the PF.
            But anyways, after quite some surfing around the options in the 2-4k price bracket I think I've decided on the Mara X due to it's level of sophistication and my particular needs.
            I was at one point leaning heavily towards the Bianca, but decided that the extra $1800 just for a few desirable features which I really probably either wont use or no one will taste any difference in the cup anyway, I should be sensible and get the Mara X.
            The Profitec Pro 500 caught my eye for a little, but it's $1000 extra for (in my case) very little practical advantage over the Mara X.

That's my line of reasoning at the moment anyway.
            I'm thinking I'll do the Walnut knobs upgrade and add a manometer to the group, and it will be my fav morning friend for years to come. Hopefully I'll place my order today, just waiting on pricing from site sponsors...

Comment

Does anyone think that it would be a good idea to add a pressure gauge to the group head of the Mara or would it only tell me the same thing as the existing lower half of the pressure gauge will tell me? I assume that's pump pressure and not exactly brew pressure though.
              Or would it be better to fit a digital temp gauge to the group instead?
              Here's the pressure gauge I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_QoKDAy2f4

Comment

• roosterben
                roosterben commented
                Editing a comment
                Often the pressure gauge will read 1 bar higher than the group head pressure, I don't think it would add much value. I have seen this first as I have a tested and adjusted pressure on half a dozen or so E61 machines, but can vary from model to model. It depends where the gauge taps into the copper tubes/boiler.

To be honest the temp control is so good on the Mara X it would be a waste of money getting a temp gauge. As it effectively runs like a PID machine but then once you run your shot it ramps up the element to increase steam pressure for your milk frothing. Dave Corby and others did very detailed temp testing and found it was super consistent on the different settings.

My Mara X turned up today and I have made 2 coffees with it so far.
              Before turning it off for the night I did a backflush on it with a blind filter, but the pressure is not draining from the group head after switching the lever off.
              I had to muscle the portafilter off and the pressure released as it undid.

That's not normal is it? I thought these had a 3 way solenoid to dump pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyD View Post
                My Mara X turned up today and I have made 2 coffees with it so far.
                Before turning it off for the night I did a backflush on it with a blind filter, but the pressure is not draining from the group head after switching the lever off.
                I had to muscle the portafilter off and the pressure released as it undid.

That's not normal is it? I thought these had a 3 way solenoid to dump pressure.
                There is no 3 way solenoid, it's a manual E61 group. Are you pushing the lever all the way down till it's vertical, ie parallel with the machine front panel?

Comment

Originally posted by kofekitt View Post

There is no 3 way solenoid, it's a manual E61 group. Are you pushing the lever all the way down till it's vertical, ie parallel with the machine front panel?
                  That explains it. I wasn't pushing down until it was vertical I was only going until I felt a "notch".

Thanks Kofekitt, much appreciated.

Comment

Just received my machine and been using it non stop. Lucky I have a LIDO-E and some decaf beans for afternoon/night coffees

Night and day compared to my gaggia classic, just with being consistant and the usability. This machine is an absolute joy to use. Got a naked portafilter and distribution tool as well, both Lelit and i'm loving the look of pulling the shot.

My only issue with it is you need to grind so much finer. Now my specialita takes 16s ish to grind my current bean for 20grams. I am at a 20g in 30g out in 30seconds kind of range.

Also, it does get up to 10bar. Not sure if this can be turned down to 9 somehow.

For others looking to buy, it does make a little bit of noise when you turn it on, could wake kiddies up in a quiet morning house, but when running it the vibration pump makes a nice sound. The gaggia didn't make a sound till you pulled a coffee.

BUY ONE! Even with steam it gets to just over 1.5bar and is a dream to use!

Comment

birdhouse Not suggesting you should or should not, but this illustrates the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC1DpretnZo

Comment

• birdhouse
                        birdhouse commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great thanks for this, I will give myself a bit more time with it before I open it up and drop it. Looks easy enough though.

I received my Mara X yesterday. Having not seen one in person before purchasing I was immediately impressed by the build quality and it looks great on the bench.

Really easy to use and I’m pulling great quality shots. I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending.

Comment

Originally posted by anarchotaoist View Post
                        Hello!
                        I am looking to order this, but was hoping for the "W" wood model. This unfortunately is not imported. You are forced to upgrade with a separate wood handle package. This does not include the wood portafilters! All these extras add up and are a bit excessive and wasteful when it already comes with perfectfully workable parts.
                        Has anyone upgraded their machine?
                        Is there a solution to replacing the handles for the portafilters without have to buy complete new ones?
                        Thanks!
                        The wooden handle one is on Amazon for just under $100 https://www.amazon.com.au/LELIT-LELI...05919604&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by anarchotaoist View Post
                          Hello!
                          I am looking to order this, but was hoping for the "W" wood model. This unfortunately is not imported.
                          Jet Black Espresso sells the unit with all the wood and portafilter too. It's an extra $400 though... and probably a long wait on backorder at the moment. Late December is what their website was saying last time I looked.
                          I've ordered the standard unit from an Australian dealer, but I went the way of ordering all the upgrades separately through Amazon... I got all the wood parts and a naked wood handle portafilter, all genuine Lelit shipped from the UK.
                          I also got the Lelit distribution tool and a smart power outlet, and a set of small scales (not Acaia lol, just $25 ones) and guess what, everything, *edit - all these extras from Amazon* including shipping and import taxes came to less than $400. And I will have two portafilters too.
                          Last edited by gmeddy; 1 day ago. Reason: well, not "everything"

Comment

Working...
                          X