No announcement yet.

Lelit Mara x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine last week – very happy with this upgrade from my trusty rancilio silvia. It's quiet, quick and delivers an amazing cup. I have also recommended this machine to two other friends who have both bought and received theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by EzyLee View Post
      I got mine last week – very happy with this upgrade from my trusty rancilio silvia. It's quiet, quick and delivers an amazing cup. I have also recommended this machine to two other friends who have both bought and received theirs.

Congratulations on your new machine EzyLee, the Mara is gaining quite a reputation.

Quite a step up from the Silvia, they were a good little machine in their day, that day has now passed.?

Comment

Just one thing I have noticed on my Mara is the steam arm nut was loose and steam was coming out and the screw on the lever was also loose , l tighten them no problem but what else inside may be loose . I done want to pull it apart. Maybe I should contact the seller?
        Has any other owners found this?

Comment

• MelbourneUp
          MelbourneUp commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything is perfect on mine. Nothing is remotely loose. On a $2,000+ machine I think you are ok to expect everything to be perfect out of the box. If you aren't far from the seller why not ask them to open it up so you both have the assurance everything is properly finished inside - if there is a QC issue with this machine I'm sure they will want to sort this out with Lelit as early as possible.

Originally posted by EzyLee View Post

Awesome latte art!

Comment

I'm using the helpful counters atop the water tank to track my water input. There are 28 stops - which I assume means 2.5L tank refilled 28 times = 70L filter life. Actually the tank is 2.6L but near enough assuming the water light comes on with a little to spare.

For me, when the water tank looks half full or less, I top up with 'one litre' of water. So that means I can now track 28 litres. I'm in the ballpark for the 35L filter, but less convenient for the 70L filter.

Has anyone thought of a handy way to track 70L, refilling one litre at a time, making use of the tank counters?

Comment

Hi MaraX owners! Any comments on the way the OPV hose drains into the drip tray? I had never heard of it because it doesn't happen on mine. But it's apparently quite a lot of wasted water usually. I've discovered that JBE mods the MaraX before they ship it out.
            If you have one that's not modded and are interested, it's only a simple matter of re-routing the hoses. Here's a video showing how mine has been changed. If you just copy this plumbing then you'll fix the issue.
            I don't think you even have to buy any parts AFAIK, just swap the X connector and the Y connectors around.
            https://youtu.be/cxDArmvlLs0

Comment

Originally posted by gmeddy View Post
              Hi MaraX owners! Any comments on the way the OPV hose drains into the drip tray? I had never heard of it because it doesn't happen on mine. But it's apparently quite a lot of wasted water usually. I've discovered that JBE mods the MaraX before they ship it out.
              https://youtu.be/cxDArmvlLs0
              Oh is that why I can't see the issue on my JBE purchased one! They didn't even mention it so I assumed the factory made a change. Now I'm even happier with their service - and no possible warranty questions due to me changing the plumbing. Thanks for the video!

Comment

Working...
              X