Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from Flair Espresso

Long time reader but first post.

I currently have a flair espresso with bellman stovetop steamer and breville grinder. I am pretty happy with the results I can get from this set up but it is quite the process and would like a machine that will make it easier rather than to produce better coffee.

I love my coffee but my palate isn't that refined. I had looked at a Breville dual boiler and then a Lelit PL41TEMD Espresso Machine but figured I would probably want to upgrade in a couple years anyway. So I thought why not just jump a couple steps and buy an e61 hx machine. I plan on keeping the grinder for the time being - I am aware that the grinder is an integral part but I don't have the funds at the moment to get a grinder as well.

My main priorities are that it will last 10 years as I don't have any desire to upgrade in that time. I would like something that is quiet.

My budget is maximum $2400 and wondering what you guys would suggest?

Thanks!

The Lelit Mara X has just hit our shores and is gaining much attention and good reviews.

Comment

Thanks Sam.

From my initial research, the Mara X seems to be a great buy.

I have also come across the Cime CO-11, Expobar Office Leva, Bezzera BZ-10, Isomac Tea Due. Would the Mara X be a better buy??

Comment

The Mara X will have better temperature stability than all of those machines

Comment

Originally posted by Mehajne View Post
          Long time reader but first post.

I currently have a flair espresso with bellman stovetop steamer and breville grinder. I am pretty happy with the results I can get from this set up but it is quite the process and would like a machine that will make it easier rather than to produce better coffee.

I love my coffee but my palate isn't that refined. I had looked at a Breville dual boiler and then a Lelit PL41TEMD Espresso Machine but figured I would probably want to upgrade in a couple years anyway. So I thought why not just jump a couple steps and buy an e61 hx machine. I plan on keeping the grinder for the time being - I am aware that the grinder is an integral part but I don't have the funds at the moment to get a grinder as well.

My main priorities are that it will last 10 years as I don't have any desire to upgrade in that time. I would like something that is quiet.

My budget is maximum $2400 and wondering what you guys would suggest?

Thanks!
          Where are you located? You want to make sure that whatever you buy can be locally serviced (preferably by the people you buy it from).

Comment

Located in Sydney. If I went ahead with the Mara X, which is looking quite likely, I would go to JetBlack Espresso.

Comment

Working...
            X